Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell a numpty about Tablets (computer ones)
  • charliemort

ie computer ones

ie what does an iPad do that a Kindle doesn’t? What are those Tesco Hudl things like?

thinking of getting 9 year old one for xmas, but not looking to spend over £200

cheers

stumpyjon

Think big phone so internet, email, games, apps, music player (great with bluetooth speakers) etc. Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7 inch are at £99 in Asda, £109 in argos with £20 of Argos vouchers(they were well over £170 when they first came out). Just bought our kids one each for Christmas. I’m writing this on the 10 inch version.

kindles are dedicated ereaders, better for the eyes, lighter, easier to hold and cheaper but generally not good for browsing.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’m on a hudl now, for sixty Quid’s worth of club card vouchers its ace:-)

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Picked up a Tab 2 for £99, really pleased with it.

Jamie
    Free Member

But not looking to spend over £200

That rules out an iPad then.

Get a Hudl. Cheap and cheerful, and usually £15 off £75 spends on Tesco Direct floating about if you don’t have clubcard points.

Mackem

IMO a 7″ tablet is more useful than a 10″ one. Just that bit more portable and great one-handed as an ebook.

Google Nexus 7 is great as is the Samsung Tab 3. The Tab2 for 99 quid sounds like a right bargain.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got a 9″ Nook for £130, happy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think big phone so internet, email, games, apps, music player (great with bluetooth speakers) etc.

If you get the one with a sim card otherwise it will require wifi.
    A different starting point would be what do you want it to do for you 9 year old?

wwaswas

I’d find out what the 9 year old’s mates have.

For my daughter it was more important that she was able to run the same software as her friends than any specific technical advantages that one design had over another.

So if mates all have android tablets go for that, if they have Apple products than consider an iPod touch – my daughter really likes hers and if she wants to do school work she uses one of our laptops or netbooks.

wors

Having missed out on the tab 2 😡 anyone have a tab 3 7″ and what do you think?

Ta

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m a total apple fanboi so I recommend a Nexus 7. Given as a pressie and it blew me away. The apps are OK and the flexibilty is amazing. A £1.95 cable and I can plug in my 500GB drive of music and movies to rather extend the 32GB internal memory.
    Android is very cool.

Mackem

I have a TAB3 and it’s very nice. Feels a bit more solid than a Nexus 7 and is actually a bit smaller.

NormalMan

The ‘old’ Nexus 7 is down to 139 @ carphone warehouse. Just got my daughter one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell a numpty about Tablets (computer ones)’ is closed to new replies.