Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Telford wrekin riders
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Moving to the foot of the Wrekin in 2 weeks time and just wondered if there were any people on here who ride that way, also notice a place called ercall forest. Any people night ride there? Will supply beer 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Used to ride up and down the Wrekin on my first MTB when I worked in Telford, happy days.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s fun but limited, though the woods are great around the base.

Ironbridge Gorge is where I used to live and ride, loads of playtime over there..

Still, have fun and tell us what it’s like now..

Ringo
    Free Member

Ideally looking for people that ride a regular night ride, the mynd ain’t a million miles away either so that’s a possible too

mrhoppy

Wild Wednesday Wheelers have a regular night ride ( I’ll leave you to guess what day), there’s also a Wednesday night ride from Blazing Saddles at the south of the Mynd. I like Haughmond for night riding but it is pretty boggy at the moment.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I’ve done the Wrekin. I don’t know the area but I would imagine there are loads of trails around, perhaps not bridleways though!

Nice part of the world although the gene pool might be a bit restricted.

carlos
    Free Member

Try the Wrekin Wheelers Telford on Facebook. Mate of mine rides out with them, good bunch apparently and pretty sure someone will be out on the Wrekin regular

Carl

mattmbk
    Free Member

Pop down to the Trailhead bike shop in Shrewsbury. Sandy will be able to advise on all things Wrekin and Eastridge which is just up the road.

Ringo
    Free Member

Great cheers all

Dog-Ears
    Free Member

Hello mate,
    You probably know already I’m from Telford from off the “other” Forum :wink:, but I don’t ride the Wrekin much myself. It is a honey pot for other users and needs careful trail selection at times. My lad lives very near there and knows it like the back of his hand. Him and a few mates ride regularly and at night especially. If you want contact details just pm me on the Forum.
    Don’t forget I know my way round the Mynd, Stiperstones and Eastridge as well 😀

Mick

Ringo
    Free Member

Cheers mick will you later 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Telford wrekin riders’ is closed to new replies.