• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Televisions what's good and cheapish?
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Think the televison is on it’s way out, have never actually bought one and not that interested in electrial gizmos, just want it to work and have a good picture/functionality
    what’s cheapish and good quality? £300 ish and about 40″ ish.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Best bet is to get yourself along to Richer Sounds and see what looks good to you. Generally it seems most people reckon best brands are Panasonic, Sony and Samsung as these are the three primary LCD screen manufacturers. A few shouts for LG as they use Samsung screens but their own electronics and cost a bit less. Might struggle to get a good 40″er for £300 though. Best bargain would be to skip the 3D side of things as well.

All IMHO of course. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I recently bought a Bush 39″ from Argos. Picture quality is fine (after a bit of fiddling with the “Personal” setting).

Sound via the TV speakers is complete rubbish, but I’ve put it through my HiFi setup (having made sure that the cable is laid in the correct direction, of course 😉 ) and it’s fine..

Edit: Oh yeah, it was reduced from £380 in a sale, BTW, so you might want to raise your price expectation a bit…

patriotpro
    Free Member

You’re not gonna get good AND £300 in the same trolley

LoCo
    Free Member

More than £300 👿 you could buy a frame for that 👿 😉

May just let it break and go Tv free for a bit till someone, upgrades their one, my sisters posh 3D one must be 1 year old so they’ll probably upgrade that in a month or so 😉

dknwhy

I got a 60″ LG Plasma for £450 from Currys so you could be alright for £300 for a 40″.
    Very happy with it so far. Picture quality is good and it’s full HD. Sound is never amazing on flat screen TVs so got a sound bar too.
    I have Virgin & Apple TV so steered clear of all that smart TV stuff and i’m not fussed about 3D.
    I figure that TVs are fairly disposable now so i’d sooner replace it every 5 years with more recent technology than blow £2000 and expect it to last 10+ years.
    Get yourself into a showroom and check out the quality for yourself before shopping online.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Spanky”, you say… Is she single, by any chance? 😀

Edit: Oh. “They” – Or possibly a split personality?…

LoCo
    Free Member

Belt up Woppit 😆

br
    Free Member

Toshiba.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Televisions what's good and cheapish?’ is closed to new replies.