Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • The vaccination programme…wanna know how DAFT it can be….
  • Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

I’m not happy at having a needle stuck in me by anyone who thinks “onboarding” is an appropriate term for normal use 🙃

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

I’ve been “awaiting on-boarding “ for so long it’s become normalised!! My bedside patter is better I promise 😎

Premier Icon joat

My bedside patter is better I promise

“you’ll just feel a little prick”?

Hats off to all you volunteers though, and you’ll have had some practice by the time you get to me (mid forties)

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

So… 1st shift as a vaccinator completed. I must admit I was nervous all morning whilst preparing. Wondering how we outsiders would be treated by the real Healthcare Staff?

I was:

Humbled by the amazing people I was working with. Seasoned pro’s and volunteers working hand in hand, pulling together.

Touched by the effect we had on people. Tears in their eyes as they got vaccinated. An end in sight. One patient hadn’t left their house since last March.

Proud to be part of a real national effort. No political slogans, just real people wanting to do a little bit to help.

This morning I was really hoping I would be able to actually vaccinate, as opposed to the many roles required on site. Whilst I did get to do that, by the end, I was downstairs in the store room humping boxes and counting stock. Once amongst all the other hardworking helpers it was just so obvious that it didn’t matter what I was doing. Every little job needed doing and was a small part of the big outcome.

If you can’t tell, I really enjoyed it and will be back on Monday for whatever they want me to do.

Premier Icon jimw
    Free Member

Dantsw
    Thank you, both for the update and your contribution. As you have already seen it really is appreciated.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

Good job 👍

I’m STILL effing waiting for access to the app to book a shift
    😤
    (It’s only been 4 weeks since my training completed 🤷🏻‍♂️)

At least a SJA fleece arrived yesterday!

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Have you got ID & eDBS all done?

If so might be worth an email to them?

It’s very frustrating waiting, but it does get there eventually!!

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad
    Free Member

@dantsw13 thanks for the update and for volunteering. Sounds like it’s worth the wait. A week now since I completed the training and no app, no uniform, no ID. Judging by what @sharkbait says, I may have some time to wait yet. I wouldn’t mind the wait if I had a timeline or a clear start date but the lack of those or any updates is very frustrating. I’m sure it will all be worthwhile when I do eventually start.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

Have you got ID & eDBS all done?

Yep everything done.
    Got my ID card and eDBS arrived here 3 weeks ago but had actually been approved prior to the f2f training.
    I did email 2 weeks ago and got a “they’re finalising stuff” reply.

A consultant mate did point out that it’s a “job for life” as this is going to go on for a couple of years at least…… but I want to stab people NOW ……. humph!!

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Are you part of a local “Team” yet? Our team leader in Sussex was very good at chasing stuff up.

As I understand it though, SJA admin are just maxed out.

And thanks all for your kind thoughts. I’m aware there are lots behind me on this path too👍

Free Member

Yeah, emailed the head of the local team I come under. He said he would try to chase things up with HR but effectively told me not to hold my breath. He said there is an average 2 week wait for ID after DBS is finished but I got my DBS cert nearly a month ago.

Premier Icon bruneep

NHS Grampian the gift that keeps giving. Mrs b has been given her 1st shift at TECA, slap bang in-between her nights 🙄. despite her giving them a list of dates and they’ve just ignored it it seems.

There are no numbers to call to change this and she has emailed everyone involved that has been on the emails sent to her to try and change it. Nothing at all. So come thursday they will be one person short if they even notice.

Premier Icon chowsh
    Free Member

I’m in the same position as many. Did all the training, got the uniform, waited on ID card then got sent 2. Got given access to the app but unable to book shifts. Finally that has been sorted and volunteered for a shift as an advocate as none showing for vaccinators at the Kassam in Oxford. Not had that confirmed yet though. I think SJA have just had such a big number of volunteers they haven’t had the capacity to deals with everything yet. Looking forward to getting out and doing something.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Chowsh – if your centre is like mine, the NHS & SJA don’t seem to align with rostering at all, so you may well turn up & get vaccinating anyway. Whatever you do, enjoy it, as its great fun.

Free Member

My ID card arrived today, which is something. Still no uniform or app.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking

Wife did her first shift as a volunteer today. Can only do marshalling as she has asthma (they wouldnt let her do vaccinating). Books via a rostering system and she has been able to book shifts for the next 5 weeks. This is in Derby.

Premier Icon chowsh
    Free Member

dantsw13 – I figured I’m trained to vaccinate so allowed to do any of the 3 roles. I’ll show up and do what’s needed,and find out what the situation is. I can get to some of the other centres if needed as well so I’m sure I’ll have opportunities do do all 3 roles. Partly it’s feeling like I’m doing something, working from home for the last year has been a bit boring.
    I seem to get 2 responses to the emails I have sent and often they say 2 different things.

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Any chance anyone knows anything about obtaining data from Pinnacle/PharmOutcomes?

I’ve got a bit of a workaround that gets me some of it, but could really do with the whole dataset. For some reason the line of communication to the software supplier is even more non-existent than usual 🤪

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

Are you part of a local “Team” yet?

Yep, that was assigned the week after I did my f2f training.

I emailed the team head weeks ago and he just forwarded it to someone else who didn’t come up with a solution.

Anyway I emailed SJA again on Saturday and today got another email saying which team of been assigned to (same as before) but it now has a new leader who also emailed me about a team online meeting in a week’s time.
    So things may be starting to move.

I actually think that the NHS are simply not really using the SJA volunteers in vaccination roles yet.
    Greedy.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.