Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tefal quick cup kettle – info reqd.
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

A friend is thinking of getting one of those kettles, mainly to save time & money heating water to make up baby formula/milk stuff, as well as regular use.

I remember an thread from the old forum discussing them but it’s not around now.
    Can anyone give me a heads-up if they are good enough/fast enough/hot enough, etc, to avoid getting fed up with it and/or wasting his money buying it in the first place?

samuri
    Free Member

the gadget show reviewed them, look on their website.

Crap was the general consensus I think, certainly for making a cup of tea.

jon1973
    Free Member

I have one – Debenhams vouchers were burning a hole in my pocket.

It’s good for coffee and saves time (and money) in the morning if there is just a couple of you. If you’re making more than a couple of cups at a time, then a kettle is quicker, and as samuri says, the water doesn’t really hot enough to make a good cup of tea.

We still use a kettle for boiling water to us for cooking etc, so it’s not a substitute for a kettle by any stretch.

A ‘nice to have’, but it won’t change your life.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Not really worth buying one, we have one, only because we where given it as you can’t make tea with it. There is one out now that is hotter, but takes as long as a kettle to boil.

We too have a baby, and use a kettle to make the milk up (just make too much for tea, and leave to cool completely, always given our baby cold milk), however wife does like it for the small amount of times, she makes up powdered baby food, for when she is out. Goes in flask and is at a better temp when needed (not as hot).

I only use it for quick coffee in the morning, however i would say not as good as a kettle again, because its not as hot.

Pook

tea from the one we had was awful. Never got the water hot enough and for some reason always seemed to leave a scum on the surface. Not pleasant

29erKeith
    Free Member

got one on the office here
    don’t drink tea myself but everybody in the office says it usless for tea too
    just doesn’t get hot enough
    ok for everything else though

timraven

bought one, sent it back three days later.Good idea,poor execution, don’t bother.

Drac

A friend is thinking of getting one of those kettles, mainly to save time & money heating water to make up baby formula/milk stuff, as well as regular use.

Make a batch up in the morning, store them in the fridge and warm one up as your changing their shitey arses.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Got a more commercial water boiler at work and love being able to have instant boiling water so genuinely be interested in a reliable alternative for the home…unfortunately that would appear not to be the Tefal

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Drac – Member
    “A friend is thinking of getting one of those kettles, mainly to save time & money heating water to make up baby formula/milk stuff, as well as regular use.”

Make a batch up in the morning, store them in the fridge and warm one up as your changing their shitey arses.

The instructions with the milk powder say not to microwave to heat up, otherwise that would be what is done…

Drac

The instructions with the milk powder say not to microwave to heat up, otherwise that would be what is done…

That’ll be why I never mentioned a microwave.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Just don’t keep bottles in fridge, you can only add powder as you go long now days anyway

Simply mix and feed, don’t give warm milk. Both out kids been done the same not bothered/bothering them, plus side when you can’t warm bottle, it doesn’t matter. Also better for the enviroment 🙂

hot_fiat

We had 3 Tefal thingies in our office kitchens in Maidenhead. The local water is very hard and that, combined with the amount of tea that gets drunk made them blow up within a week of being installed.

Drac

Just don’t keep bottles in fridge, you can only add powder as you go long now days anyway

Make no odds did it with both my kids.

konabunny
    Free Member

spam-a-lam-a-ding-dong?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tefal quick cup kettle – info reqd.’ is closed to new replies.