Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Teetha teething relief crystals
  • jfletch
    Free Member

The wife has asked me to pick some of this up to help our 1 yo who seems to have a full set of teeth trying to make an appearance at once.

But a quick check online shows this is a homeopathic remedy and therefore bolocks. She has been recomeded it by friends who say it works.

So do I get some and see it as £5 spent on invoking the placebo effect on the misses, (I can’t see how a 1yo can get the benefits of the placebo since they aren’t aware this is even “medicine”) or do I raise the “its just sugary water so we will just be changing nappies with expensive piss in them” debate.

johndoh
    Free Member

Worked for our two.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Not much help but will make (you and) the missus feel you are doing something.

wwaswas

If all it does is make your wife less stressed about things then it’s worth the money, surely?

jam-bo

stacking calpol and calprofen will be more effective.

Pook

It’s just sugar. Lactose, starch and xylitol Sugar = happy baby.

Better with ambesol or a cold teether. Ambusol is an alcohol based treatment though so all depends how you feel about that. At least it has proven medicinal qualities.

I find though that getting something different to what my wife suggests leads to horrible side effects of head and earache.

jag61

we used something similar for our 3 girls cant remember the brand but homeopathic blx or not they seemed to do the trick, i think it gives the nipper something to grind into the gums to sooth the ‘itch’ good luck

prawny

Boots own teething powders for our two, worked a treat. Especially good when they were grumpy in between doses of proper medicine

leec247
    Free Member

We used it for both our girls did the trick and helped them out when they were teething. Couldn’t recommend it enough

jfletch
    Free Member

It’s just sugar. Lactose, starch and xylitol Sugar = happy baby

Thats what I presumed. My suggestion was that all the chocolate coins left over from xmas would be cheaper!

i think it gives the nipper something to grind into the gums to sooth the ‘itch’ good luck

That at least gives some mechanism for them to work above homeopathic mumbo jumbo. Might have to cave in this time.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Teething powder in little sachets but generally kids panadol or calpol did the trick too. Most of my lads teeth came through without that much fuss.

dknwhy

When we were in Spain we got a teething gel called Nani Predental. Better than anything we could find here and provided instant relief.

hammyuk
    Free Member

That and if you are man enough – a good press against their gums to break the skin.
    Not nice but instant relief for them.
    Like sucking snot out when they are blocked up – sounds gross but far more effective than those stupid “bulbs” they try and sell you at a high price to do the same thing.
    We seem to have a too soft approach here – both of the above were told to me by a spanish midwife and are the norm there.
    Never lost a nights sleep because of teething or cold though 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think that when they’re beside themselves with pain and you’ve listened to them go off on one at the slightest little thing all day, if a genie gave you a magic lamp for a hundred quid and promised you it would stop them, you’d probably give it a try. 🙂

Calpol/Ibuprofen seem to be working ok for us, though to be fair to the little fella, he’s BTFUing quite impressively so far. One bad night when we didn’t preempt it – soon taught us to watch out for the signs of a tough day coming.

You gotta feel for them – it’s a shit time.

Stoner
    Free Member

understand the difference between a homeopathic remedy (diluted bollox) and a herbal remedy. camomile powders can be calming, but are nothing to do with homeopathy. Homeopathic camomile has nothing to do with camomile.

this stuff works well. Since it does actually have an active ingredient.

http://www.ashtonandparsons.co.uk/

matthewlhome
    Free Member

it does work though. i was dubious but impressed.

rob2
    Free Member

We found teetha didn’t work too well and used Ashton and parsons. Absolutely brilliant. Totally changed their mood.

lesgrandepotato

Gum rub seem to help as do the teething granules careful when pouring in not to induce a mammoth vomit by hitting the back of the throat. Other than that calpol and cuddles seem to work on lesbijoupotato

Speshpaul

they work so well with the Kids that i tried them:-)

fadda

Try Biccipegs (sp?). More of a long lasting biscuit type affair for them to chew on, which is supposed to relieve the itch and help the teeth break through.

No idea of the science behind this, but these and the teething granules made a grumpy fadda jnr into a far less grumpy fadda jnr a few years ago.

marko75
    Free Member

Try Nelsons Teething granules – dont know whats in it but it works. Dentinox was a pile of pants

Edit – just find something that works. Talking with our NCT class different things worked for different kids – just why cant they be all the same!

lesgrandepotato

And some days nothing works

crankboy
    Free Member

Sometimes the crystals worked for crankbrat . Nothing to do with homeopathy just a mouthful of distractions. Also teething rings in fridge and proper medicine like calpol .

Speeder

Ashton & Parsons worked for us while it was available but then the supply dried up almost completely and ties up with the dates from that link above for our first. The 2nd is just having to get on with it with Calpol.

jam-bo

And some days nothing works

^^^

lister

It works, but get the Boots own version for a lot less money. I like them too!

jamj1974

I may be wrong but if it contains sugar – that will be the active ingredient. Sugar works as a painkiller for infants.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Ashton Parsons worked a treat on teadrinker junior.

JoeG
    Free Member

My mom said that the doctor told her to rub scotch on my gums when I was teething. 8)

Markie
    Free Member
    jamj1974

We used to rub the calpol dose directly on the gum. That worked.

sandwicheater

This post could not have arrived at a better time.

The wee sandwich consumer is going through the same and no matter how hard you tell him to man up it won’t fly.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Teetha teething relief crystals’ is closed to new replies.