Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Teenager’s Birthday – Which Wireless Earbuds?
  • shooterman

My soon to be 15 yo son wants some decent earbuds to work with his Iphone etc. Not something I know a lot about. The official Apple ones look very spendy. Anyone know of some decent alternatives?

perchypanther
    Free Member

AirPods or he’ll think you hate him.

nuke

We had the same for our daughters (14) Christmas present…much debate but in the end went with the Airpods: to be fair, they are good & she loves them as they’re Apple 🙄 (the rest of the house are all android users and we don’t get it)

shooterman

Did you go for the pro version?

Given the rate of attrition on phones / laptops etc I was reluctant to spend more than £200 on something likely to last only a few months.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

AirPods, the pros are good but if he’s going to wear them while walking you can hear every step until you get the seal pressure right.

The main advantage being they will always connect to his iPhone, I tried non apple ones and had to spend loads of time trying to get them to connect whenever I wanted to use them.

martymac

I have just bought some anker ones, they work seamlessly with my iphone pro, Anker Soundcore Life P2 True Wireless Earbuds with 4 Microphones, cVc 8.0 Noise Reduction, Graphene Drivers for Clear Sound, USB C, 40H Playtime, IPX7 Waterproof, Wireless Earphones for Work, Travel https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SJR6HL3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_nS4JEb3G2700Z
    Sound good, work fine, but they aren’t apple. They don’t have an apple price tag either though, £45 on prime.

nuke

Did you go for the pro version?

Nope. Standard Airpods ticked the box and she really wasn’t fussed about noise cancelling & other differences

shooterman

Thanks folks. Looking like the standard airpods

MSP

For airpods money you can get better. Jabra 65t have better sound, and jaybird run xt are better suited to sports.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

My son who is a discerning listener bought a couple of sets: Cambridge Audio – Mellow Mania 1 – for about £100 Which he really rates (and has kept); and a set of SoundPeats for about £28 Which he rates much less & gave them to me/ dad. I think the Soundpeats are amazing for the money – Bluetooth & rechargeable.

funkmasterp

Creative Outlier are great and reasonably priced. Good sound quality and absolutely brilliant battery life. The air pods are ridiculously priced for what they deliver sound quality wise.

iamtheresurrection

The big advantage of the Apple stuff with the H1 chip is how easily you can swap them between Apple devices, without having to unpair them from a previous device.

The new Beats Powerbeats are £129, water resistant, 15 hours listening time and connected to each other with a cable – my kids, a bit younger, would definitely lose an Airpod so this is a good feature for me.

The Cambridge Audio pair sound great, mind…

Kuco

I’ve got Pro’s and like them, The first Airpod that doesn’t fall out of my ears and I really like the noise cancellation.

Spud

We bought our lad some Power Beats and he loves them, were just under £80 from John Lewis, now obviously they have the wire connecting them to each other, but he wanted some that wrapped the ear for running with. I think they had Beats-X for similar money. Our daughter had to have the AirPods, and to be fair she saved for a good while to buy them herself.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I dont think she would want anything other than air pods standard ones will do thats all I see teenagers wearing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Teenager’s Birthday – Which Wireless Earbuds?’ is closed to new replies.