Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Teenage terrorists
  • wingnuts

In Holland for New Year with the outlaws. Several beers in (early start, about 11.30 UK time) and there was an almighty explosion outside. Thought we were under attack.

Apparently they set off fireworks all day here and the kids are allowed to do it (in a supervised way) as well. The ones they do in the daytime are designed to make noise, and bloody effective so far. Constant barrage all afternoon. Do you think they’ll let me bring some back hand luggage on Tuesday?

kaesae
    Free Member

They’re not terrorists, they’re boredom fighters 😉

wingnuts

And they’re having a great time doing it. I’ve not been able to get out and play with them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

don’t they have some kind of noise day in Holland..?

same sort of thing with all the fireworks and that but also lots of drum bashing.. pot lid bashing.. tub thumping.. shouting.. caterwauling.. clanging..

cranberry
    Free Member

The Dutch declare war on the sky every NYE.

Just you wait till 12 ( and don’t plan on going to sleep before 3 ).

wingnuts

You’re so right cranberry. Just come in for a rest. Street littered with spent remains. This isn’t sparklers and a couple of Catherine wheels. This is the blitz. It’s great but health and safety it’s not. Setting bloody great chest imploding stuff next to cars and next to houses and trees. Better get back out there and launch the Netherlands into orbit.

andytherocketeer

Street littered with spent remains

When I lived there, there were still little red bits of firework debris even in February, that the sweeper truck couldn’t get.

Here (Germany) is more of a baby blitz in comparison. Only lasted 40minutes before it tailed off to a background level.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Teenage terrorists’ is closed to new replies.