Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tedious Bathroom DIY questions
  • toby1

BathroomTrackWorld to the rescue.

So I have a couple of questions. I have a bath which I believe to be fiberglass that I spotted a collection of hairline cracks in towards the area of the plug hole this morning. It’s getting older and probably could be replaced, also the tap on it seems to have worked lose and is letting water through.

Replace the whole thing, or repair?

I hate doing bathroom stuff, how liable am I to be able to get someone to slot a bath in without affecting the tiling around it? For some reason my wife loves it, personally I hate them, but I need to keep the peace.

martinhutch

I hate doing bathroom stuff, how liable am I to be able to get someone to slot a bath in without affecting the tiling around it? For some reason my wife loves it, personally I hate them, but I need to keep the peace.

If you hate the tiles, it will definitely be impossible to get a new bath in without breaking them. All of them.

As for the bath, if it’s an old fibreglass thing, then I’m not sure it would be that economic to resurface it. The tap thing could be sorted out easily enough though.

mj27
    Free Member

Sounds like new bath, tap and tiles time.

You could just replace the bath and taps but this will probably be hard work. Just get stuck in.

toby1

Yeah, I was going to do the tap, then noticed the cracks, lead me to wonder if it was worth scrapping the lot. The bath panel looks homemade and the last time I tried removing it I found a rusted out screw head that I couldn’t undo, so I may have to rip the lot out.

I’m capable at destroying/removing stuff, but really bad at putting things back in/back together.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tedious Bathroom DIY questions’ is closed to new replies.