• This topic has 28 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mrb123.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Technical polo shirts
  • Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendation for polo shirts in “technical” fabric, I.e. Good for hillwalking in warm weather, so not cotton.

I find in hot, sunny conditions it is useful to have a collar to keep the sun off the back of the neck, plus they look a bit smarter if you end up in the pub.

I’m tall (6’4″) and slim, usually taking a medium so need something fairly fitted with plenty of length in the body.

Premier Icon stevemorg2

Try Rohan

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

Adidas Golf range

Premier Icon johnhe

I like some of the Under Armour golf shirts.

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Try Rohan

Yeah, I’d spotted them as a possible option.

Premier Icon gonetothehills

I have all of the above suggestions and they’re good – Adidas golf quite smart, Under Armour a little less fitted. My favourite though are the North Face Tanken polos. Very lightweight, quicker drying than anything similar and wash and wear well, if a little susceptible to pulling.

Premier Icon danti

Mountain Warehouse Isocool fabric ones are great value

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

My favourite though are the North Face Tanken polos.

How’s the fit on those gonetothehills? Particularly in terms of body length.

Premier Icon domtastic
    Free Member

I’ve got a few Musto ones that I like

Premier Icon gonetothehills

The North Face ones aren’t overly long, @mrb123 but seem quite happy tucked in or out when I wear them with jeans for work. I’m a 42/44” chest and 5’ 11” and the large is a good fit. Never need an iron and pack up small too.

Premier Icon infidel
    Free Member

Oceantee makes a nice polo shirt and it’s both organic and ethically made..

Here

Premier Icon DickBarton

Ordered a few of the Mountain Warehouse tops due to them being very cheap (a tenner each!)…

Premier Icon sprootlet
    Free Member

Peak performance golf shirts – quite pricey though

Premier Icon rone
    Free Member

Finisterre if they still made them.

Isobaa – not cheap but really nice too.

Premier Icon hugo
    Free Member

Another vote for Under Armour golf shirts as horrible as that sounds!

Their tapered golf shorts are also great for general wear as they are a technical sports fabric but are also well cut and virtually unbranded. They are stealth smart but comfortable, zero ironing and capable of active use. Brilliant in the summer and travelling/holidays.

Premier Icon footflaps

GolfTrackWorld here we come…..

Premier Icon grum
    Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Well I have been known to set foot on a golf course in the past but probably wasn’t aiming for the full Ian Poulter look on this occasion.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

At the moment I’m thinking I’ll probably try Rohan or Under Armour and possibly also take a punt on one of the Mountain Warehouse ones for the sake of a tenner.

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Tucked in polo shirts. DadTrackWorld!

Premier Icon Joe
    Free Member

I like the arxteryx eris polo shirts.

Premier Icon Joe
    Free Member

The A2B merino polo also cool.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

I’ve just bought two daft cheap Tog24 ones from Sportpursuit and Regatta ‘technical’ long sleeve shirt.

The regatta shirt is Bluesign approved, fits well, has button up sleeves, reflective bits and yet looks like a shirt. It’s a good fit too.

The Tog24 Polo’s fit well, feel nice and on the one ride I’ve worn one, felt ace.

Premier Icon hugo
    Free Member

Yeah, obviously ignore above and below the shorts!

Not a tucker in myself.

Premier Icon giant_scum
    Free Member

Costco do a 2 pack of 32 degrees polo shirts.
    XL is quite baggy for me, good length though (I’m 6 foot 1 and weigh about 100kg).
    Think they were £13 for the pack!

Premier Icon twonks

https://www.dare2b.com/men-s-delineate-lightweight-polo-shirt-athletic-blue/

Wicking material, rear pocket and nice and cheap.

I’ve got loads of Dare2Be tops and they all wear and wash well.

Going to grab a few of these too.

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Anyone ever tried the Oakley ones?

Sports Pursuit seem to have a load of them in at the moment.

Premier Icon nedrapier

golf shorts or polo shirts?

I bought a air of their golf shorts in TK max years ago. As above, really nice tech fabric, quick drying, good cut, black shorts with black embroidered O as the only branding.

Lasted ages, currently in the “to fix” pile as the jeans type rivet button thing worked loose. An actual button will be a comfort upgrade when I get round to sewing one on.

As above, Sport Pursuit is a great place to start.

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Looking at the Oakley polos.

Alpinetrek have a few that look suitable too including the Arcteryx mentioned above, although being Arcteryx they are top end of budget.

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Just to wrap this one up, I managed to get a couple of nice tops.

Firstly a Rohan one. Luckily I managed to get into a shop to try them for size, as the sizing is massive. Ended up with a size small despite being 6’4″.

Secondly, I took a punt on one of these from Alpinetrek which is really nice (size medium)
    https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/vaude-roslin-polo-shirt-sport-shirt/?cnid=f80559b61121f0533224a9afe2e09

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Technical polo shirts’ is closed to new replies.