Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Team triathlon?
  • jamiea
    Free Member

I’ve recently got a road bike, the wife is a useful swimmer and the father-in-law runs a bit so the wife has suggested we enter a team triathlon, just for the craic like. Good idea says I, the only problem is finding one!

I would have thought that given the popularity of regular triathlons there would be loads of them run- alas there’s not even a section for them on the events page of British Triathlon website! What gives?

Cheers,
    Jamie

jamiea
    Free Member

OK, so a ‘relay tri’ is probably what I’m wanting but still googling that there’s a dearth of events…

Cheers,
    Jamie

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Most tri races offer team places… maybe the website you are looking at just doesn’t show that very well…. although you probably have to do at least Olympic distance as opposed to sprint??

Find a couple of races close to you and check out their own websites for entry details ??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

usually they are tagged onto sprint and novice tris

generally not popular as you might as well just do a race in your chosen dicipline – less organising involved 😀

Hells

Have a look here:
    http://training.220triathlon.com/event/index
    Sorry can’t do links on the Ipad!!

convert

Of the events I’m doing this year Worthing Triathlon 30th June, Aberfeldy Middle distance 17th August, Xterra UK Triathlon (Cranleigh, Surrey) 8th Sep and Portsmouth Triathlon 22nd September all have relay slots. A lot do.

jamiea
    Free Member

Ahh, I see- so they’re not necessary promoted as separate events. A sprint relay seems not really worth it- you’d just be getting warmed up! I’ll have a look into local events more deeply.

Cheers,
    Jamie

jamiea
    Free Member

Bugger, there’s one close to us at Grafham Water on Sunday, will have to remember for next year!

Cheers,
    Jamie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Team triathlon?’ is closed to new replies.