Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 156 total)
  • Team kit.
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

WGAS?

Wear what you want (though if you wear a KOM jersey you had really, really better be able to climb).

My favourite trade team kit that I own / wear is Kelme. Garish as you like, a fine history (laced with drug abuse it’s true). Ace 😀

colournoise

I used to wear one of these back in the day – does that count?

slainte ❓ rob

meehaja
    Free Member

I’m a porker who wears a KOM jersey. Partly because my mum bought me it, and it was really expensive, partly because it makes me attack hills I’d spin up if anybody is watching.

Last time I wore it at an event, I was in full lycra, with a mowhawk and a handlebar moustache, riding a colour coordinated track bike at a road event. I know I looked stupid, it was kind of the point.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

meehaja – like it 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

aracer 😀

You saved that picture to your computer and then re uploaded it? I’m flattered.

Wouldn’t call Ventoux a slight incline, but whatever. Reminds me I haven’t worn that jersey in ages though, need to get it out again, when the weathers nice.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That picture’s on the landlords ‘barred’ wall.

And my desktop wallpaper.

jonba
    Free Member

Wear what you like. Personally I wouldn’t because I think its normally expensive and hard to match with other items of kit (is this worse?).

I wear my club jerseys for races and events and when nothing else is clean.

I have some KoM socks…

donsimon
    Free Member

Wouldn’t call Ventoux a slight incline, but whatever.

How long did it take you tiger?

mustard
    Free Member

I find it difficult to bring myself to be an advertising hoarding on the bike when I’ve no association to the product, even though I’ll walk about in t-shirts with logos on them. I did get zip-vit kit when it was going cheap though so i’m a bit of a hypocrite and i’ve no problem with other people wearing whatever they like.

I couldn’t even let myself get the morvelo jersey with the rainbow stripes even though i think it looks great and i need a ‘plain’ jersey to race in until the new club kit comes in May.

p.s. apparently adidas don’t make the Sky and GB cycling kit but you didn’t hear that from me 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

S’Nalini that make the Sky stuff. Adidas don’t have owt to do with it other than distributing it, but even then we used to get it straight from Nalini themselves.

Ditto, the old Nike stuff (Discovery) was made by Giordana- the shorts were identical to our team shorts from the time.

RealMan
    Free Member

Dunno, I wasn’t really timing each ascent individually. And I was having to wait for my Dad of course. I think it was around 7 hours though, but I reckoned I could’ve knocked almost an hour off at the time.

Team kits fine, IMO. Proper kit for club rides and racing though.

mustard
    Free Member

Nalini that make the Sky stuff

not what I heard EDIT but that doesn’t mean my source is right 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, we bought ours in the shop I used to work for straight from Nalini, so someone’s kidding somebody here 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Dunno, I wasn’t really timing each ascent individually. And I was having to wait for my Dad of course. I think it was around 7 hours though, but I reckoned I could’ve knocked almost an hour off at the time.

😆

mustard
    Free Member

see my edit above!

RealMan
    Free Member

🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Is this team kit?

I was once emailed by a mod for posting that pic, which they deleted.

donsimon
    Free Member

I was once emailed by a mod for posting that pic

To congratulate you?

aracer
    Free Member

You saved that picture to your computer and then re uploaded it? I’m flattered.

Instead of being flattered, maybe you should check out the URL of the image…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To congratulate you?

Not quite. To complain. When I pointed out that there was nothing I could do as it was outside the edit time, they then deleted it.

meehaja
    Free Member

That fat fella in the team kit… who is he? He’s obviously someone from the history of cycling, given his age, girth and that he’s track side of the barrier?

RealMan
    Free Member

I did, and it doesn’t appear to be one of mine.

donsimon
    Free Member

To complain.

Why would anyone complain about a photo that’s freely available when Googling Polish sausage using Google safe search? I even found a photo of a young lady wearing a very interesting t-shirt, see you next Tuesday, if you know what I mean. 😯 All under safe search.

aracer
    Free Member

I did, and it doesn’t appear to be one of mine.

Interesting. How’s the refund going BTW?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why would anyone complain about a photo that’s freely available when Googling Polish sausage using Google safe search?

I’m kept on a short lead. I think the mod just wanted to warn me, and then left duty bound to delete the pic when I pointed out that I couldn’t do anything about it as it was outside the edit time.

TBF it’s not a very nice pic if you don’t appreciate the sight of naked grown men, which I don’t btw, as it leaves nothing to the imagination.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think the mod just wanted to warn me

I feel your pain.

RustySpanner

I often wear a Stiff Little Fingers sweatshirt when riding my bike – I’ve never been a member of the band, but can do a mean karaoke version of Suspect Device.

Seriously, who cares?

People often say that they ride a bike because of the ‘freedom’ it gives them, but spend half their time fretting about which self imposed rules they should or shouldn’t conform to.

All a bit sad really.

njee20
    Free Member

I wear my own Team kit on almost every ride I go on, unless its all in the wash, which is rare.
    My team gives it to me because its got our sponsors on, and they want us to wear it so everyone else sees it. If I only wore it to race then that would be a very small fraction of my riding time.

+1, I dont own any replica kit, I did a group of guys in Surrey Hills in full Sky kit (on a random assortment of bikes) who were being sponsored by Sky to do LEJOG or something and had been given the kit. Not always as clear cut as it seems, they were hardly ‘athletes’, think one of them worked for Sky or sommat.

Dobbo

I’ve always fancied a Team McCoy strip.

yossarian
    Free Member

People like to have an association with professionals. Personally it’s not for me, but it doesn’t really matter that much if people are using pro-replica stuff. Genuinely can’t understand why people would wear a polka dot or green/yellow jersey etc. Isn’t that seen as disrespectful?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Disrespectful, wannabee, tribute, fashion – whatever 😉

Some of the team kit is very bright and so good for road use, as for being expensive there’s always something on offer at Prendas, either retro or replica

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=2&ID=2938
    Santini jersey for £30 ! don’t care who it upsets, I’ll be wearing it this summer 😀

fasthaggis

don’t care who it upsets, I’ll be wearing it this summer

Exactly.

Letting other people dictate what you wear,that’s for losers 🙄

Dobbo

Letting other people dictate what you wear

In a way that’s exactly what you are doing.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Driving through Onger high street(Northeast Essex) last summer, saw some fella on his own in full HTC kit, bling sunglasses etc coming toward me. Thought, Ha, wannabe wonder how chubby this guy is going to be ??

But as I got closer … Hmmm he looks pretty lean…. hold on a minute… it’s not?… is it?…. it can’t be… It blooming is…

“Cav, Cav”

clubber
    Free Member

Did you try and sprint him? Pros love that 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

Imagine the outcry if one was to wear a team jersey with baggies 😯

KINGTUT
    Free Member

“Cav, Cav”

Did you shout that out loud a la Alan Partridge?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

My 3 year old boy loves cycling. He has a matching team jersey I got him to match our team which he loves to wear out and about.
    He’s also been watching Paris – Nice everday and is loving watching the sky riders even if he does ask me every day if Dowsey is riding (He met him at the tour of britain & madison championships).

He’s been inkling after a sky jersey for weeks now. I’d like to thank you all for highlightig the error of my ways and saving me from buying him one.
    I’d hate for him to look stupid whilst smashing the run bike at the local pump track. Dear Lord, some narrow minded riders might even think he rides for Team Sky and start harrassing him for autographs. Thats just gonna mess with his riding time!!!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I have quite a few retro trade tops. Peugeot/ Shell, Molteni, KAS. Also have a Swiss Saxobank top too. Still wear them all during the summer and bought because I like them.

Can’t believe people are really that bothered about team kits. 🙄

gravitysucks
    Free Member

So we finally have a UK sponsored bike team with lots of home grown riders who are out there in the world theatre representing our little island amongst the best european teams in the world……
    and you think its sad that cyclists want to support them?

I take it all the naysayers dress in plain white clothes all of the time?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘Team kit.’ is closed to new replies.