Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • teaching conspiracy..
  • ampthill

Hmm

Hard to see where project stands now?

project
    Free Member

Project, your responses on this thread are hypocritical given the thread you started recently.

Today:

other jobs are available, theres even a place to look for them called a Job Centre.

A few days ago:

Can anyone offer any advice on how to cope/allieviate it,its causing some people i know serious health isues,and basicly theyre told dont like it get another job.

).

There is no difference betwween bullying and being bullied out of a job, but there is a difference between realising the job you have is totally unsuitable to your way of thinking, and how you are able to handle situations, i point out the above from educkator, who apertains to sometime having being in a teaching environment

I’ve been both self-employed and a teacher: Self-employed I called the tune, as a UK teacher I took the punches (and would have been suspended/arrested if I’d so much as taken my hands out of my pockets

is that the sort of person you really want in control of a group of children.

No where in the o/p was bullying mentioned in teaching, just more pension payments and a longer working life like for all of us.

Like i said if you cant hack teaching do another job, there are numerous threads on here about peole asking about career changes, forced by unemploymnet, boredom, bullying or redundancy.

headfirst
    Free Member

Like i saiod if you cant hack teaching do another job

What a stupid thing to say. We’re not going on strike because we can’t hack teaching. I spent 4 years training to become a teacher and will be entering my 20th year of teaching next year. I do it because I enjoy it and it’s what I’m good at (this has been independently verified 😉 ).

An earlier post of yours suggested that teacher’s who aren’t happy with changes to pay and conditions should get another job. Again that shows that you have a very simplistic and limited view of the world. Let’s imagine all teachers who are going on strike left the profession. I dare say that might cause bit of a staffing issue for a number of schools…

Edukator
    Free Member

Dear me, Project, all that sounds like rubbish kids dream up when caught red handed. Did you not like school?

russianbob
    Free Member

Project – without the men and women that teach in our schools there would be no productive industries in this country. If you’re unhappy with the status quo do something about it, but don’t belittle other’s hard work when clearly you have no alternative.

You’re nothing more than a wind up merchant. Get back to your copy of the Daily Mail.

In fact, if you have kids now I suggest you take them out of school and educate them yourself. If you don’t, and assuming you do in the future, then prepare for them to be educated in classes of 40+, because that’s what’s going to happen if Gove continues on this path.

ryreed
    Free Member

The posts above from headfirst, Edukator and russianbob sum up what I would like to say. I am amazed at some of the responses here. Educating children is one of the most important jobs in our society, whether voluntarily as a parent or professionally as a teacher. Why would we not want to treat people who do this important job well – why would we want them to ‘go find another job’ if they don’t like their changing conditions? It’s hardly going to help our children or society if we can’t retain high caliber individuals in the profession. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, perhaps?

almightydutch
    Free Member

I could understand the argument betterer if the teachers who were striking actually did strike and not just have a day off to do the garden or shopping (or catch up on work)

joolsburger
    Free Member

I work for an educational software company, I joined 3 months ago. Since then I have met a few dozen maths teachers and head teachers and my views on teachers and teaching have changed considerably. They do a rewarding job which I always knew but it’s also hugely stressful, very pressurised and almost completely undervalued. Each successive government seems to politicise education even more than the last but the teachers I have met have been passionate about the work, dedicated to the children and most of all caring and involved. I don’t know what it must take to get someone who has those values to go on strike but to simply say they are moaning about nothing seems like an idiotic position to take.

Sandwich

Hard to see where project stands now?

He doesn’t. He runs when the going gets tough. I am not a teacher.

project
    Free Member

Every one of us is entitled to their opinion, based on facts before them, media presentations,personal and life experiences.

Some people fail to realise that or understand, and thats down to poor education, and poor up bringing.

Project – without the men and women that teach in our schools there would be no productive industries in this country.

Education is a production industry, you take people in and train them in various skills and social abilities. 😮

anagallis_arvensis

and thats down to poor education

so its our fault you are stupid?

johnny

I try to avoid arguing on the internet, but this is priceless:

Some people fail to realise that or understand, and thats down to poor education, and poor up bringing

Can someone post one of those facepalm images up for me?

And this:

Education is a production industry, you take people in and train them in various skills and social abilities.

The use of “industry” and “training” in a definition of what education is, or at least should be is fairly indicative of a woeful level of understanding about this particular topic.

Anyway i have reports to write and want to go riding later.

miketually
    Free Member

I could understand the argument betterer if the teachers who were striking actually did strike and not just have a day off to do the garden or shopping (or catch up on work)

What do you expect them to do? if they’re not in work, they’re striking.

The two days we’ve been on strike recently, I ‘picketed’ my workplace and then went to a regional rally in Middlesbrough.

russianbob
    Free Member

Project – like I said before, “Get back to your Daily Mail”. I’m sure you’ll dismayed to know that the poor weather we’re going to experience this weekend is coming from Eastern Europe.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Having two teenagers in the system and having met lots of teachers, I would venture that there is a mixed bag of teachers in terms of ability, suitability and effectiveness. Unfortunately the obsession with measurement and target, both ill conceived and poorly thought through, make the job increasingly difficult and frustrating. This seems to demoralise the good teachers and make the weak/poor ones considerably worse. There seems to be little appetite to measure real progress/effect in favour of whatever excites the minister at the time. Under these circumstances it is hardly surprising that when the personal benefits of the job become the next target, teachers get a bit miffed.

The care, welfare and education of children is the most important thing we can do. They are the ones who will determine our future and I, for one, would like them to be the most well read, critical thinking and best educated they can possibly be within thier own ability.

But harming those currently in the system will not have the desired effect and it will disengage a whole generation of parents. The government needs to be told, we just need to identify a better way than depriving the children of an education, however briefly.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘teaching conspiracy..’ is closed to new replies.