Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • teaching conspiracy..
  • totalshell

tts jnr (aged 7 yr 2) today came home with a letter from school..

due to industrial action the following classes will not be open next thursday..

yr 2 mrs C.

tts jnr quoted mrs C as saying ” there going on strike for the kids so they dont have to go to school on saturdays and stay on week days till 5 like the govt wants them to”

well aside from the politiscising of 7 yr olds i have an issue or two..

mrs c is free to strike.. break a leg..

howver she has to give her employer 28 days notice .. how is it i only get 7 days notice.. surely not to maximise the impact.

how when mrs c took two days off before half term to prepare to get married in half term was it alright for the class room assistant to ‘take’ the class for those two days..AND when mrs C takes the last two days off of the summer term and the classroom assistant takes the class is that acceptable .. but when mrs c takes one day off on industrial action does that mean the class has to close for the day.. surely not to maximise disruption..

as neither the head nor the two assistant heads arent taking action are they not able to take a class.. surely thats not to maximise disruption..

MSP

What would be the point of striking if everything carried on the same?

anagallis_arvensis

Do you reckon your 7 yearold may just have missremembered?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anagallis_arvensis

Also there is some daft rule about people not being able to cover striking staff. I am not sure if the details though.

ampthill

A strike. I feel I’m missing out. Which union I wonder? NASUWT have not balloted me for industrial action.

anagallis_arvensis

Me neither and if it was nut I might have noticed.

tinman66
    Free Member

Don’t even get me started.

Teachers get paid very well, have an amazing pension scheme and only work six months of the year and yet all we hear about is how hard done by they are and how they’re going to strike for better conditions.

anagallis_arvensis

2/10 Please try harder.

MSP

Yeah the biggest perk of being a teacher is being able to bully the little people.

sbd16v
    Free Member

what a fantastic lesson all this striking teaches our younger generation.

project
    Free Member

tts jnr quoted mrs C as saying ” there going on strike for the kids so they dont have to go to school on saturdays and stay on week days till 5 like the govt wants them to”

With all the academies, privately funded schools and schools run by large companies, the governmnet will have had little say on the hours or days worked, these will be dictated by the needs of eduction plc.

anagallis_arvensis

Yes dont roll over. Stand for yourself very important lesson..

MSP

what a fantastic lesson all this striking teaches our younger generation.

You mean that by standing together with you colleagues and friends you can fight against a bullying and oppressive regimes for the betterment off all.

ampthill

Teachers get paid very well, have an amazing pension scheme and only work six months of the year and yet all we hear about is how hard done by they are and how they’re going to strike for better conditions.

excellent we are as ever finding it hard to find the staff we need at the moment. What subject are you offering

PS I’m not moaning about my job

headfirst
    Free Member

Both the big unions, NASUWT and NUT have balloted their members regarding industrial action including strike action months ago. The posters above have poor memories! It is indeed true that non-striking staff are not obliged to cover for striking staff, quite the opposite in fact, the headteachers unions, although not striking themselves, fully back the unions’ action. We are not striking for better conditions just to try to maintain some of what we currently have. My take home pay has fallen as bigger pension contributions have been forced upon us, but we end end up with less pension after having to work longer. There are still further contribution rises to come. Effectively it is an occupation specific income tax, we’re paying more in to the government’s coffers, not our own pension pots.

Sorry if we’re not lying down, rolling over and letting Michael **** Gove tickle our tummy.

wwaswas

Perhaps you could send him back having taught him the difference between ‘they’re’ and ‘there’ during his enforced absence from school?

Edukator
    Free Member

How Brits love to hate teachers.

Overworked, underpaid, insulted, derided, inspected, harassed, assaulted… .

RustySpanner

Non existant use of upper case letters, poor puntuation, it doesn’t rhyme and I lost interest toward the end.

I blame the teac….oh, hang on.

project
    Free Member

How Brits love to hate teachers.

Overworked, underpaid, insulted, derided, inspected, harassed, assaulted…

Just like most parts of the productive industries.

anagallis_arvensis

Effectively it is an occupation specific income tax, we’re paying more in to the government’s coffers, not our own pension pots.

that’s it well done, you keep them occupied with that and the rest of us will carry on with our real plans.

FOR GODS SAKE NO ONE TELL THEM WHAT WE ARE REALLY PLANNING!!!!

project
    Free Member

My take home pay has fallen as bigger pension contributions have been forced upon us, but we end end up with less pension after having to work longer. There are still further contribution rises to come. Effectively it is an occupation specific income tax, we’re paying more in to the government’s coffers, not our own pension pots

other jobs are available, theres even a place to look for them called a Job Centre.

miketually
    Free Member

The strikes are in the north west. They’re (at least) NUT, but I think it’s a joint action with NASUWT. There will be nationwide action in the Autumn term.

Members of other unions will not cover for striking colleagues.

sbd16v
    Free Member

headfirst, the pension scheme sounds pretty bad, why not just opt out and source a better pension.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is it mandatory for teachers to be part of the state provided pension scheme ?

STATO
    Free Member

bigger pension contributions have been forced upon us, but we end end up with less pension after having to work longer

If your paying more in does the monthly payout not increase when you finally get it?

Yes your working longer but so is everyone else who would like to receive a state pension. People are living longer, we cant go on with the same retirement age, otherwise people will probably end up on pension for 50% of their life!

lordmerchant
    Free Member

@tinman yeah teaching staff have it easy, the constant scrutiny of Ofsted, the constant scrutiny of parents, the constant stream of planning, assessment, review, planning assessment review. The constant stream of piss from Michael Goves mouth trying to scape-goat the lot of us!

Dealing with the dramas of parents lives, referring their children to psychologists, to educational psychologists to occupational therapists for issues that could be resolved by good parenting, but is that the parents fault, **** no that’s the teachers fault as well.

Get your head out of your arse, teaching is not a cake walk it is bluddy hard work and if you tried it you would be grateful for the holidays and the pension, I’ve sodding earned mine!

If you begrudge me my perks and holidays and if the job is so easy, I’ll tell you what I tell everybody RETRAIN and become a teacher, then see it from the other side.

MSP

we cant go on with the same retirement age

Well that’s what the richest and most powerful tell us, they would change their view if they lived a majority life and worked an average job.

Edukator
    Free Member

There are plenty of other “jobs”. Teaching is a profession, a vocation in life.

Lots of teachers could do other things, do them well and make a lot more cash. Many of the best teachers I have known have left the profession, they are generally richer and their students poorer. Some would have stayed and contributed greatly to the personal development and future employ-ability of young people had not the salary and conditions been so lousy.

Madame works less for more in better conditions than in the UK, German colleagues make even more money in still better conditions but do more hours than French teachers. We live very well on one teacher’s salary, try doing that in the UK.

project
    Free Member

Lots of teachers could do other things, do them well and make a lot more cash

Lots of teachers should do other things, do them poorly and make a lot more cash, but then a lot think theyre somehow superior and ALWAYS HARD DONE BY.

sbd16v
    Free Member

If you begrudge me my perks and holidays and if the job is so easy, I’ll tell you what I tell everybody RETRAIN and become a teacher, then see it from the other side.

Id love to but it sounds TERRIBLE (that and they would laugh my application out the door with my dog **** english)

miketually
    Free Member

If your paying more in does the monthly payout not increase when you finally get it?

No.

Edric64
    Free Member

Non existant use of upper case letters, poor puntuation, it doesn’t rhyme and I lost interest toward the end.

Fail

trail_rat
    Free Member

just do what the rest of STW does when they want to have their cake and eat it ….

buy a cheaper fake version of a teacher from deal extreme

Edric64
    Free Member

A teaching assistant then ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The skills required for teaching are well overrated.

For example Michael Gove knows more about teaching than any teacher, despite not actually possessing any teaching qualifications.

Here he can be seen, having grabbed the undivided attention of the children, giving what is evidently a stimulating, exciting, and riveting lesson, about something which he clearly feels passionate about.

Edukator
    Free Member

Project, your responses on this thread are hypocritical given the thread you started recently.

Today:

other jobs are available, theres even a place to look for them called a Job Centre.

A few days ago:

Can anyone ofer any advice on how to cope/allieviate it,its causing some people i know serious health isues,and basicly theyre told dont like it get another job.

I’ve been both self-employed and a teacher: Self-employed I called the tune, as a UK teacher I took the punches (and would have been suspended/arrested if I’d so much as taken my hands out of my pockets).

toys19
    Free Member

I am not reading all that, but I have this to say:

I don’t think you can teach conspiracy as there is never any solid proof of an actual conspiracy. Kids are smarter than you think, so o none of them will believe it. Also (like modern languages) they will struggle to be convinced of its relavence in their working life.

piemonster

never any solid proof of an actual conspiracy.

Plenty on YouTube

toys19
    Free Member

I have noticed ,piemonster, that as kids turn into adults a crucial number of them lose their ability to think critically..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘teaching conspiracy..’ is closed to new replies.