Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Teachers – which events / conferences do you go to…?
  • matt_outandabout

Help me with some work research, oh font of STW….

Suggest to me some education conferences / events that teachers *actually* go to. I am looking to England mainly, Wales and NI also.

Thanks in advance.

anagallis_arvensis

Pixl events but only because they made me!!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

haha, AA. Those PiXL events I do not miss going to.

To attend a PiXL event Matt I think you have to have membership to the PiXL ‘Club’, which is pricey.

Depends what you want out of the conferences? May be look for local schools doing a local Teachmeet. Teachers sharing good practice in 3 or 7 minute slots usually. Lots of good practical ideas.

anagallis_arvensis

To attend a PiXL event Matt I think you have to have membership to the PiXL ‘Club’, which is pricey.

Its more cult than club!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I did wonder why they started with a sacrifice and some chanting at the last one I went to!

miketually
    Free Member

Erm, I don’t. Actually, I think I went to a TeachMeet once, 6 or 7 years ago.

perchypanther
    Free Member

events that teachers *actually* go to

Various festivals during the twenty weeks a year holiday that the workshy wastrels seem to get?

3:30 pm matinees at the local Cinema?

cthomas18
    Free Member

BETT Technology show in London usually attracts a few teachers. Quite an international crowd on the first day, but Friday and Saturday is busier with teachers. I exhibited there a couple of times, and have attended as a ‘punter’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Teachers – which events / conferences do you go to…?’ is closed to new replies.