Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Tea
  • glenh
    Free Member

Magic, innit?

ahwiles
    Free Member

earl gray, with a hint of honey.

lovely.

HermanShake
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA[/video]

The brown stuff’s pretty addictive 😉

willard

Assam is my current cup of choice, but I’m tempted to go back to green for a bit.

Just out of interest, who owns a tea pot here?

Storer76

Bought some of that English Breakfast tea the other day. Absolutely rubbish. Tasted nothing like bacon…

glenh
    Free Member

who owns a tea pot here?

Several. Tea made in a cup is rubbish.

Lifer
    Free Member

Assam is luverly & teapot here!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

willard- me. i own a teapot. use it regularly too.

tea’s the best. my current favourite is dragonfly huang cha yellow tea, but i do have an entire cupboard in my kitchen dedicated to tea (with at least a dozen different teas in it, and one fruit/herbal infusion too!)

chakaping
    Free Member

2x teapots here, even took one to Alps last summer

tastes too harsh made in a mug

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tea is for hangovers and should be used to wash the grease down after a fryup.

zokes
    Free Member

It’s not as good as coffee

willard

Heretic!!! (although I have just had a pot of fresh Guatamalan coffee with my egg banjo this morning).

willard

Damn you double posts!!!

Right, off to put the kettle on.

z1ppy

It’s not as good as coffee

I disagree, coffee’s grim nasty crap, unless in cake!
    Let the hot beverage wars commence!

Just to clarify, I’m a PG Tips/Tetley’s tea drinker (will accept yorkshire and a breakfast tea), but you can stick you fancy assam/earl grey poncy stuff up where the sun don’t shine.

Ain’t it great how not even a cup of tea can be unite STW

dawson

another vote for Tetley from me, none of that fancy stuff!

Used to know someone who left the teabag in whilst drinking it so that it got stronger near the bottom.

In our office there are two types of tea when someone is getting a round in – ‘Southern’ and ‘Northern/builders’ tea 😉

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m reading this with a nice cup of West Country Tea, bloody lovely stuff!

I don’t have a teapot here, going to try one at work.. How can it make something this good taste better! 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

West country tea. Do the grow tea in the west country.? Or Yorkshire for that matter.

zokes
    Free Member

I disagree, coffee’s grim nasty crap,

Only if made poorly.

A good cup of tea is nice, a good cup of coffee is great 😀

tiff
    Free Member

Has to be Yorkshire Gold for me, there season pick Assam was great. Will only have pg or typhoo if I have no choice and I really cannot stand tetley.

Have to agree it always tastes nicer when made in a pot

mattbee

Yorkshire tea, made in a pre warmed pint mug. Its squeezing the teabag against the mug that makes it tasted bitter so just stir it and fish out at end of brewing period. Nice dark brown colour with one sugar. Add a packet of biscuits and relax.
    Coffee for breakfast, tea for the rest of the day.

nealglover
    Free Member
    Cougar

Used to know someone who left the teabag in whilst drinking it so that it got stronger near the bottom.

I make loose leaf tea in a mug. The stuff at the bottom is hardcore teage.

Wibble89
    Free Member

Forgot mine was on the shelf behind me. Thanks for the reminder.

DrJ

Just out of interest, who owns a tea pot here?

takisawa2

We have a pot that will easily hold 4 mugs. Sometimes, when the Wifes out, I will have 4 cups. One after the other. Just like that.
    Once, I had two cups at the same time. Thats how much I like tea.

mogrim

PG Tips or Tetley here, none of this weird crap or wannabe yorkshire/builders stuff. Proper tea. Bit of milk, no sugar.

AdamW
    Free Member

A good Assam does the trick, or if I feel like something refreshing then a Darjeeling with lemon. Yunnan can be nice, Keemun is a bit too phenolic for me.

Currently supping Yorkshire Gold with a splash of soy milk.

RustySpanner

Can someone please post a link to the scientific evidence that;

A) Tea tastes better if made in a pot.

and

B) Squeezing the bag against the cup makes the tea bitter.

‘Cos I’m calling bolleaux on that.
    I reckon the only difference is in the tea/water ratio.

HOWEVER, I can tell the difference between milk first and milk last – prefer milk last, tastes slightly sharper.
    Although if you then leave said tea to cool and reheat in a microwave, it then tastes like you put the milk in first.

Try it 🙂

Cougar

The whole ‘milk in first’ thing was to stop scalding hot tea poured from a teapot from damaging bone china.

You cannot properly brew tea in a mug with a teabag by putting the milk in first, it’s an old wives’ tale perpetuated by idiots heathens.

Kuco

A nice strong cuppa with no milk or sugar, loverly 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pg tips (2 bags) in a pint mug with 4 sugars a slosh of moo juice left to brew for no less than 10 minutes. One at 9,11,1 and 3 o’clock. It’s the law.

Lifer
    Free Member

Assam isn’t fancy, it tastes like tea but stronger. Earl Grey is like someone made a cup of tea with dirty dish water, don’t see the appeal at all.

maxtorque

I’ll tell you why Tea is brilliant, it gives you a moment to reflect!

After a long, hard but ride, in the pouring rain, being bounced and slid around, with sloshes of cold muddy water being thrown into your face, the cold rain running off the back of your neck, drips being driven off your nose horizontally by the sharp wind, when which ever way you turn you’re somehow cycling into the wind, your tyres so caked in clag you have to pedal downhill as well as up,

then, you get home,

abandon your wet, steaming clothes and soggy mass of entirely “necessary” bike paraphernalia, and sit in a fugg of evaporating fog, with a nice warm cup of tea clasped tightly in your frozen hands,

at exactly that point you realise you have just enjoyed the last few hrs immensely, the harsh conditions sudden become “character building” the pain and uncertain landing of a slippery tumble on a wet rock becomes an “anecdote”. Friendships are made or solidified, friends united, differences suddenly seem less different.

Riding a bike and Tea, two simple past times that are good for the body and soul 😉

Taff
    Free Member

After two weeks in america the first thing I reached for was the tea! Bloody love it

Houns

Loose leaf Yorkshire for me, though supping an Earl Grey at the mo.

White tea for special occasions

Agreed coffee is rank

Caher

I have to import tea here as they are all coffee drinking savages here.

Hopscotch
    Free Member

CHAI its sweet, milkie and drank from a glass is best, you can buy tea bags from Twinings if you dont have the priviledge of drinking it freshly made.

Mint Tea Moroccan stylee and if all that fails a good Yorkshire Tea (picked in Indian blended in Harrogate). Or for a more smokey Lapsang Souchong, quoted from, but If you cant pronounce it dont drink it!

iainc

do proper tea conneisseurs put milk/sugar in or take it as it comes ?

I used to put milk in but stopped years ago after some milk that was off..

brakes
    Free Member

I had a revelation recently, and that was that a cup of hot water was AS refreshing as nice cup of tea.
    I still prefer a nice cup of tea, but a nice cup of hot water is a good substitute.
    coffee is wicked in a good and a bad way, and should be used as you would use any good drug. heavily but with respect.

Houns

Depends on the tea. I wouldn’t want to put milk in peppermint tea

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Tea’ is closed to new replies.