Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Tea and Toast
  • ton

just how good is tea and toast, when you are feeling a bit off it.
    gives me a warm cosy feeling…….. 😀

arrpee
    Free Member

Hell yes.

Unsalted butter and a downright petulant marmalade on decent wholemeal here. Strong cup of English Breakfast on the side.

40mpg

Just tucking into coffee and a teacake. Same effect 😀

z1ppy

Might not be the healthiest of breakfast, but I love it, & so does my weird kitten (crunchy crusts, no tea though)

loughor
    Free Member

Hell yeah ! Marmite and cheese please!

tang
    Free Member

My number 1 comfort combination. You can keep your coffee and pastry, beer and nuts/crisps.

andyt1054
    Free Member

A fav of mine before I go out running for sure

passtherizla
    Free Member

Me too… I like it to cool slightly so it’s stays crunchy. Mmmmm toast

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

WTF is the point of unsalted butter!? about as appealing as non alcoholic beer.

votchy
    Free Member

Unsalted butter and a downright petulant marmalade on decent wholemeal here. Strong cup of English Breakfast on the side

first response and in typical stw style it has to be something posh, why not good old white sliced loaf and margarine????

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ooh no not margarine. Margarine is for baking.

banks
    Free Member

WTF is the point of unsalted butter!? about as appealing as non alcoholic beer.

+1

Has to be warbys toasty loaf with lurpak proper butter

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It’s off to the officers’ mess for tea and toast at ten. Hussah!

wilko1999
    Free Member

There’s a reason that’s exactly what they make for Mothers in Maternity Wards after they give birth!

I’m a fan of Hovis Seed Sensations myself with thick marmite, and a black tea with two sugars

arrpee
    Free Member

WTF is the point of unsalted butter!?

So I can taste the butter as opposed to salt. The bread’s salty enough; the butter’s just about getting the requisite amount of fat in. Mmmmmmmmmm, fat…

why not good old white sliced loaf and margarine????

Sliced white, I’ll give you, but margarine?If I start to explain the wrongness of that, I might never stop.

footflaps

Our cats love milky tea and peanut butter on toast.

spacemonkey

Morning: cup of tea comprising 2 bags of D J Miles left in situe to add extra poke + hot toast with a liberal spread of goats butter and Waitrose Organic Smooth peanut butter. Yummage.

cp

On the basis of this thread, I just had to go and make a brew to go with my cheese and pickle butty. perfect.

cp

with a liberal spread of goats butter and Waitrose Organic Smooth peanut butter

butter on butter. Controversial!

spacemonkey

It makes for a moist gooey overload 😯

TooTall
    Free Member

Not at all. If the toast is thick enough and cool enough. Hot toast? The Empire was not built on such a thing. Toast racks evolved for a reason.

z1ppy

I’m more upset by

cup of tea comprising 2 bags D J Miles

How stewed do you want it, let alone the bloody stuff is damned expensive! (and 2 tea bags of it, in a teapot does 4 mugs!)

spacemonkey

How stewed do you want it

Darn sarf we have sh1t water so the best way to combat this is to double up on the bags. A single bag with filtered or bottled water doesn’t cut it either. I’m useless first thing in the morning with a decent cuppa.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

ive often said a round of hot buttered (salted) toast would be my final meal on death death row, but i am very fond of a current teacake too. Tea i can live without…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Pain de Campagne, Yeo Valley butter, St. Dalfour ginger and orange preserve, Yorkshire tea.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

molgrips
    Free Member

You need Welsh butter. Anything else tastes plain and dull now.

Perfect toast, for me, is Hovis best of both* with loads of welsh butter so it stays liquid on top, then spread about half as much nutella on thoroughly so thewarm butter gets mixed with the warm nutella. If you get the ratios right and mixed well the result is incredible, very different and vastly better than nutella on toast any old way.

* not the best bread of course but you need something dense so the butter doesn’t sink in too much. White sliced or best of both is needed for this critical procedure

kayak23

wilko1999 – Member
    I’m a fan of Hovis Seed Sensations myself with thick marmite, and a black tea with two sugars

You da man! 🙂
    (Except the sugar bit…)

Dylan08
    Free Member

Molgrips, sounds amazing – heads off to kitchen to try it! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

It is but it’s quite hard to do 🙂 does not work with brown sliced. The key is the mixing of the butter and nutella, that’s what creates the particular taste.

Kryton57

Why/how does tea and toast in hotels have a particular taste and consistency that can’t be replicated at home?

jekkyl

Tea? YUCk! *spits some out* tastes like bits of tree!
    Coffee is the drink for me.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

Why/how does tea and toast in hotels have a particular taste and consistency that can’t be replicated at home?

Yet to find a hotel that can better the tea and toast at home, even the, alleged, quality establishments. The toast is usually warm, at best and inevitably dry, to some extent. You also need Yorkshire water/tea to make a decent brew….. 😉
    [

Kryton57

I’ll be round in a minute 🙂

The good news for a certain floorman, is that I just drank the last Tetley tebag that Mrs K “accidentaly” bought.

Yorkshire Gold is on tomorrow’s shopping list….

molgrips
    Free Member

Toast has to be buttered IMMEDIATELY it comes out of the toaster. I even put the second slice back in whilst buttering the first, so it stays hot. A hotel kitchen cannot get the toast to you quickly enough.

Also in hotels they give you hot water to make your own tea with, which is clearly wrong as the water needs to be boiling.

ton

I came home from work earlier feel a bit unwell. spent 3 hours asleep on the sofa.
    woke up feeling peckish.
    just eaten 2 toasted cheese teacakes, buttered and filled with hot chicken breast, bacon, mushrooms and mayo.

8)

Houns

Agree with Molly, toast has to be buttered immediately and the next slice kept in the toaster to retain warmth.

Whoever likes cold toast ain’t right

Now, important question how do you like your toast done? Me? Pretty much hot bread, just as it starts to crisp then it’s done for me

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Tea and Toast’ is closed to new replies.