Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • TdF – Vladimir Karpets…
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I was deeply saddened to read (rather belatedly) that the legend that is Vladimir Karpets will once again fall short of the Tour de France victory that would rightfully be his if mullets and awesome names were more decisive in determing overall victory.

"I can do nothing – the hand is broken and I cannot hold the handle bar at all. In such conditions it makes no sense to continue."

Still, he promises to focus his prodigious talents on the Vuelta. We salute him.

clubber
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. That said, crap moustaches seem to be coming back into fashion in the peloton which can only be a good thing.

335.geek
    Free Member

Tbh, with that hair he deserves a punch in the knackers regardless of owt else.

oldgit
    Free Member

Proper hardman roadie haircut.

wwaswas

It's curtains for Karpets.

igmc.

scaredypants

wwaswas 😆

swiss01
    Free Member

he'd make laurent brochard proud

ourmaninthenorth

Sung to the tune of Kate Bush's Babooshka:

"Katusha, Katusha, Katusha, ya ya"

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I had a haircut like that in the eighties 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

In Russia, the 80s never went away. 🙂

scratch
    Free Member

Years ago on here there was a link to some awesome German guys website,
    I think he rode at the back during most the TdF, not sure if it was the English to German translator or something but it used to be full of incredible quotes like 'today I crush the mountains with my huge thighs of steel' always wished I'd saved the link.

allthepies
    Free Member

Was a spoof Ulrich site.

firestarter
    Free Member

XWwaswas eurosport commentator actually said that a few years ago when he quit the tour one year 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘TdF – Vladimir Karpets…’ is closed to new replies.