Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • TdF today (wednesday) – SPOILER
  • clubber
    Free Member

So, yet another win for Cav – on a stage that they reckoned would suit Hushovd a lot more due to the incline. And back in green.

He's going to be tough to beat if he can hold it together over the Alps.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh shit, why oh why did I click on this thread.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – cos you iz fik, Mike!

glenp
    Free Member

Superb – I can't watch the highlights today so I've been following.

Interesting stuff coming up in the mountains though – if quite a few of the peleton have decided they don't like him and he hasn't been working in the grupetto (as rumored) he might struggle to get over the Alps and Ventoux within the cut-off time, and get eliminated. I guess that awesome team of his will just have to ride back and protect green – but Martin is still going well in the GC, so they will have some thinking to do.

RealMan
    Free Member

on a stage that they reckoned would suit Hushovd a lot more due to the incline.

I think any stage that has a sprint at the end suits cav. They just need something more interesting to say other then "If its a sprint, cav will win."

I think its their way of building up a bit of mystery and tension. Cav winning is almost a certain I feel.

Smee
    Free Member

The lad aint too shoddy on a bike.

mrmo
    Free Member

lets see if he can survive the weekend and then Ventoux.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh shit, why oh why did I click on this thread.

Is there a technical term for what happened there? 😆

crazy-legs

The last 6km or so weas ace, catching the breakaway, then the Milram boys trying to break up Cav's lead out train (and failing) then Hushovd trying to go early (and failing). He came level with MC tthen that was it – 5 bike lengths in as many pedal strokes! Another top finish.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Don't think he'll win green personally- the mountains will do him over and he won't win any intermediate sprints. Green is Thor's.

Crell
    Free Member

It was good to see Farrar match Cav for speed for the first time today. Check out the overhead shots though to see how much further Farrar needed to get to that speed compared to Cav's massive acceleration away from Hushovd.

I agree with Rolfharris on the green though, I think Hushovd will be going for the intermediates wherever he can and he'll get the Jersey.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Not that I don't want him to win- I think he's a really interesting personality in the peloton and seeing the columbia train go is quite something.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘TdF today (wednesday) – SPOILER’ is closed to new replies.