Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • TdF today – Spoiler
  • jimmyshand
    Free Member

Vino won. Wish he would just GTF though – cheat. Cav won the bunch sprint despite a complete lack of HTC riders there with him. Interesting thing is that he won it easily.

RealMan
    Free Member

GTF?

Cavendish always wins easily. He makes the rest of the sprinters look like kids. 25 points off green…

jimmyshand
    Free Member

GTF = gettifa (think harsh glaswegian accent)

How many more sprint stages left?

the_prophet
    Free Member

2 I think

hope schlek is able to pull out a bit more time on contador

anagallis_arvensis

bollocks, I cheered like hell yesterday when Contador went past Vino, hate the little shit. Its not just the drugs its his attacking of team leaders and generally being an obnoxious ****.

ton

if cavendish had a ounce of the bottle vino has, then one day he may be liked in the peleton. and then also be a half good rider.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Three including the Champs Elysee…. Hmm Cav could still win.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Ton – Vino is a cheat and has no place in the sport. Sadly, he is not the only one.

anagallis_arvensis

if cavendish had a ounce of the bottle vino has, then one day he may be liked in the peleton

DO we know tht vino is liked, certainly contador didnt seem to like him much yesterday

ton

mate, it is a common trait in professional cycling.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I would say that it is far less common in pro cycling than it is in say pro track and field and pro rugby of either code.

ton

i know you have been celebrating, so i will take it that you are still under the influence………… 😉

corroded
    Free Member

Would be very happy to never see Vino race again ( and Bertie…). There was an interesting proposal from a former pro that bans should be lifetime unless the rider cooperates fully under oath: where the dope came from, who administered it (or in vino's case the transfusion), who else on the team etc. Fact is there won't be a test for whatever they use these days for a few years. Sadly, the system is complicit too: the French testing agency that discovered CERA in the 08 Tour was not allowed to test samples this year.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fact is there won't be a test for whatever they use these days for a few years.

Playing fast and loose with the word "fact" there.

Edric64
    Free Member

I would happily see David Millar leave pro cycling as well ,as he is another cheat.I to think a ban for drugs should be a lifetime ban from sport

warton
    Free Member

ton, I'm confused, cav is the best sprinter in the world, but in your eyes he isn't a good bike rider. explain?

plop_pants
    Free Member

"if cavendish had a ounce of the bottle vino has" then he'd get banned too.

samuri
    Free Member

And he's not far off becoming the best sprinter who has ever lived (based on sprint wins).

I think he's probably….you know, ok on a bike.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

What exactly was Cav doing being 1st or 2nd wheel in the peloton with 50-60km still to go?

theotherjonv

proving a point

ton

a nice few day's ahead for cavendish……. 😉

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Cavendish will be fine. I'd hazard a guess that when it came to Cav Vs every other rider in the UK on a climb then he would still be in the top 3 or 4. Being a poor climber is relative. He hasnt been kicked off the tour so he cant be that bad.

warton
    Free Member

a nice few day's ahead for cavendish

yeah hes a sprinter. most sprinters drop out when they reach the mountains, he keeps on plugging away. do you expect him to be winning stages on the top of the mountains as well as being the best sprinter to be a "half good bike rider"

john_l
    Free Member

Vino's win made me very very happy, such passion & determination.

Watch him stick to Contador like glue for the next 3 days.

ton

can you remember a certain shaun kelly.

RealMan
    Free Member

The footballer? Or Sean Kelly, the cyclist?

Kelly tested positive twice during his career. He failed tests after Paris–Brussels in 1984 and the Tour of the Basque Country in 1988.

ton

sean, shaun, shawn…………..doh… 😉

ton

if cavendish does a tenth of what kelly did i might think better of him.

http://velopalmares.free.fr/kelly.htm

jimmyshand
    Free Member

http://velopalmares.free.fr/cavendish.htm He already has, so you probably should start now.

ton

bet he doesnt finish it this year.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

He will. Just like he did last year.

RealMan
    Free Member

You're betting that Cav doesn't finish the tour this year? How much would you like to bet?

warton
    Free Member

ton, Kelly was a 'sprinter' from a different age, and not a true sprinter anyway. Don't get me wrong. I had a KAS replica kit when i was a young lad and he is still my cycling hero, but Cav would of destroyed him in a sprint for the line.

Cavs already won paris – san remo. double world champion on the track, 13 tour de france victories. hes 25, many more years left, and who knows he may mature into more of an allrounder (although I doubt it!)

brakes
    Free Member

ton knows everyone loves Cav and has decided to cast a few worms into the river to see who will bite
    here fishy fishy fishy

jimmyshand
    Free Member

About Mark Renshaw… "I miss him in the bedroom" Cav. Classic. 😀

crazy-legs

Watching the ITV4 highlights now, Vino got very annoyed with Ned Boulting's questions about his previous positive, didn't seem to be too strong in his assurances that he was now clean.
    I can't stand Vino, his attitude around the whole doping thing was awful.

Good finish by Cav though, nice to see Edvald Boasson Hagen up there too.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

If he's clean then I am a cycling god.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I don't find Cav loveable, but he is great and good for the sport over here.

It's a strange situation this year as I actually like the 2 contenders for the first time in years- Schleck or Contador could win and I'd be very happy. Both excellent young riders at the very top of their game, and I reckon it'll be a good battle in the Pyrenees.

As for Evans and Vino, I can't stand them. Vino shouldn't have been allowed back. Evans should get a ban for being a whiney ****.

ton

bakes…………… 😉

brakes
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘TdF today – Spoiler’ is closed to new replies.