Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • TdF Stage 9 – Five Passes On The Menu [Spoilers]
  • scaredypants

froome-dog

is there a reason for this? even just irony would do

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

his missus Michelle Cound famously tweeted during last years Wiggo/Froome Tour episode/ WAG war

“If you want loyalty, get a Froome dog… a quality I value… although being taken advantage of by others!”

(edited to remove link to hateful newspaper and use more appropriate source)

http://road.cc/content/news/61829-team-sky-wags-show-strain-tour-hots-up%E2%80%A6-twitter

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Sky totally caught with their pants down today and questions whether they have the right team selection for this tour. Froome never looked troubled though and probably rode a very similar race to if he had had two or three teammates round him.

I thought when Quintana attacked he was acting under Valverde’s orders to soften Froome up for a Valverde attack but it never materialised. Just shows I think that although Movistar had strength in numbers today, they didn’t have a GC rider to trouble Froome.

Barring any unusual disasters Sky and Froome should have a relatively straighforward run to the first time trial where Froome should almost certainly put significant more time into his rivals.

Tough day for Richie Porte but it’s probably for the best for Froome and the team. He can just concentrate on supporting Froome rather than expending any more effort defending a GC podium place.

bspoked
    Free Member

I take it those that missed the 13% cut are not being chucked out?

Tom-B
    Free Member

13% sounds harsh for a day like today?

bspoked
    Free Member

Looks like only Kiryienka was outside the time limit and he is out. Another blow to Sky.

deviant
    Free Member

Impressive from Froome today, once he was isolated I thought the other GC contenders were going to take him apart….he had hell’s own job having to monitor each attack himself and respond instead of having lieutenants to do it for him.
    I reckon he could ride this tour without support now….he’s showed his strength again and the others are found wanting…as others said he’ll also dominate the other GC riders on the remaining TTs.
    A worthy winner if he pulls it off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

very impressive from Froome but he may have some more days like this

warton
    Free Member

Very good days racing. Froome did very well to keep it all together, quality riding from him.

I bet he needs his rest day!

Edric64
    Free Member

Froome wont get through the alps on his own unless sky regroup to fend off attacks or he has taken a lot of time in the timetrial on Wednesday

leffeboy

I take it those that missed the 13% cut are not being chucked out?

Looks like there were about 45 in the groupetto which is over 20% so I think the cut doesn’t apply in that case if they don’t make it

mogrim

Impressive from Froome today, once he was isolated I thought the other GC contenders were going to take him apart….he had hell’s own job having to monitor each attack himself and respond instead of having lieutenants to do it for him.

Not sure, today wasn’t an ideal day for an attack, that long downhill to the finish was a pretty risky place for a GC candidate to go for it… I wonder if the main players weren’t holding on and playing it safe: if the finish had been at the end of the climb I’m sure we would have seen more attacks.

And it’s great to see that Sky isn’t the all-conquering snorefest that we saw last year!

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 9 – Five Passes On The Menu [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.