Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • TdF Stage 7 – A Bit More Rolling [Spoilers]
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

well if you tip him every day you are bound to be right eventually 😉

warton
    Free Member

brakes,

it’s about how flexible you are, it seems to be a bit general to be much use, i.e. if you can touch your toes you’re a ‘snake’, so you but the azonic (sp?) saddle.

Liggett is mental “There’s griepel, and there’s cavendish, who’s trying to get back to griepels group”

Err, as he’s cycling next to Griepel, as you have just pointed out, doesn’t that mean he’s already done that, you nutcase.

RealMan
    Free Member

TBF he is like 70 years old…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swavis

TBF he is like 70 years old…

and therefore should be retired….

llama

Err, as he’s cycling next to Griepel, as you have just pointed out, doesn’t that mean he’s already done that, you nutcase.

well according to r4 this morning yesterday’s stage was a TT in Nice and there was debate as to if Impey would win _another_ stage ……. @ukcyclingexpert

Junkyard
    Free Member

[mafia voice]and therefore should be retired[/mafia voice]

FTFY

RealMan
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Maybe Hoy would be interested in doing it now he’s retired.. Or Lance? Wiggins (as apparently he’s never going to ride a bike again, according to some people…)?

crazy-legs

Hugh Porter and Phil Liggett both need retiring. God only knows how Paul Sherwen can sit next to Liggett and *kepp* correcting him. Although even Sherwen is sounding a bit tired now, rolling out the same old same old “in this, the sport of cycle racing”.

I mean OK, I know it’s not riveting to sit there for 6hrs a day for 3 solid weeks and talk about cycling, I know there’s only so much to say but really – what you do say, try and get it right!

headfirst
    Free Member

But the other option is sleep-inducing Sean Kelly 😕

swavis

Where did David Harmon go? The best by far I reckon.

crazy-legs

Carlton Kirby is good.

Ned Boulting and Chris Boardman are the best thing about the ITV4 coverage.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the basis the current lot are a bit clueless and just read off a fact sheet, can we not just give Rob Warner the job? Or at least a ‘press the red button for Rob’s commentary’?

Rob Warner, 6 hour races, cheep wine, what could possibly go wrong?

crazy-legs

Anyone remember last year that Chris Boardman did a “how to descend” video guide? One of those 5 minute fillers they use in the ITV4 hour. Anyone have a link to it anywhere? It was hilarious. 🙂

I’ve tried all sorts of searches on YouTube to no avail…

dazh

I mean OK, I know it’s not riveting to sit there for 6hrs a day for 3 solid weeks and talk about cycling, I know there’s only so much to say but really

That’s where they’re going wrong. As Carlton Kirby, and David Duffield before him knew, the secret is to whitter on about everything and anything but the cycling. I reckon they were tutored by the Brian Johnson at test-match special, who was the undoubted master at filling time.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I went off Liggett when he carried on supporting Armstrong, despite overwhelming evidence that he wasn’t the messiah, he was a very naughty boy. And don’t get me started on Sherwen and his never-ending series of things you never really wanted to know about chateaux.

emac65
    Free Member

So many cry,put more cycling on the telly,put more cycling on the telly………
    …& then they do **** all but moan about everything about it…………..

🙄

EDIT hmm f(e)ck is in the swear filter….Is nothing sacred………..

crazy-legs

So many cry,put more cycling on the telly,put more cycling on the telly………
    …& then do **** all but moan about everything about it…………..

But that’s the thing, cycling can be SO exciting. The tactics, the way you can build support for a rider or a team (like in football for example), the sprints, the crashes, the descending.

What’s needed is some better commentary and a few extras – F1 style team radio transmissions, on-bike video cameras to give a riders perspective (again, like the on-car cameras in F1), some better graphics to analyse sprint finishes (like Hawkeye in tennis).

It’s good but it could be SO much better! I know that Liggett is kind of “the voice” of cycling in the same way that Murray Walker was “the voice” of F1 but they managed to get shot of him!

edric – you legend!

Edric64
    Free Member

Googled Chris Boardman ,how to ride downhill and found it first time ! Just lucky I suppose .

RealMan
    Free Member

Well that was lovely.

wwaswas

He came close to not getting it which would have been a bit embarrassing after all that effort by his team.

mogrim

And once again the break was caught… Wonder if Sagan’s going to be a naughty boy on the podium? 🙂

wwaswas

The podium girls have pepper spray.

mrmo
    Free Member

Where did David Harmon go? The best by far I reckon.

in a bad place by the sounds of it, off trying to deal with depression.

mogrim

Listening to you lot moan about the commentators, thank god we’ve got Pedro Delgado and Carlos de Andrés: the Spanish commentators are entertaining in a Testmatch Special kind of way, knowledgeable and never cringeworthy.

riderideride
    Free Member

Chris Boardman seems aloof,or does my telly need adjusting?

crazy-legs

Chris Boardman seems aloof,or does my telly need adjusting?

He’s just got a really dry sense of humour, takes a while to get used to him sometimes.

Hate to say it but I think Cav’s green jersey dreams are all but over. Sagan is the better all rounder, he can certainly climb far better and that puts him at a massive advantage for intermediate sprints and finishes like that one. I still reckon Cav will get another couple of stage wins and hopefully the Champs Elysees finale but unless Sagan has some kind of epic disaster, I reckon he’s got green as near as won.

MrOvershoot

crazy-legs – Member

He’s just got a really dry sense of humour, takes a while to get used to him sometimes.
    I know Chris fairly well & he has a very easy going nature, which sometimes comes across as being aloof as he lets little jolt him. And his kids keep him well grounded 😉

warton
    Free Member

re. Chris Boardman, Ned Boultings story in his book tells you the type of guy he is. they were talking about kids, Chris has got 6, and he says to Ned ” I’ve only had sex 6 times, I’m just incredibly efficient” 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 7 – A Bit More Rolling [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.