Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 343 total)
  • TdF Stage 5 – A Stage Riddled With Dangers [Spoilers]
  • llama

did Froome crash twice and then pull out?

The spray blocked the view of his stem and he fell off

martinhutch

Whys Frome still got his helmet on the team car, not expecting that to crash as well

Probably got a face like a Brazilian defender and doesn’t want the camera bike all over it.

AlexSimon

did Froome crash twice and then pull out?

Yes

retrorick

Have they just skipped another section of cobbles?

just turned up, i’m following the red line on the web which seems a bit out?

wwaswas

What tyres for wet Belgian tarmac then?

lazybones
    Free Member

Here we go more cobbles!!!!!

leffeboy

rewinds eurosportplayer. What sort of pace is that 😯 . Was there some sort of concerted effort to shake things up big time today?

edit: tx AlexSimon

29erKeith
    Free Member

I just hope Thomas gets given a change to go for GC now. I think he’s a great rider and given the opportunity I think he’ll do it one year.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Another factor for them to deal with apart from the cobbles is idiot fans!

brakes
    Free Member

gutted.
    might have to cheer for Nibali.
    ABC – anyone but Contador.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

One of the ITV goons has just said they are still averaging 48kmh for the stage despite the conditions.

Smashing it.

retrorick

Is anyone riding with mudguards!

AlexSimon

torsoinalake – Member

One of the ITV goons has just said they are still averaging 48kmh for the stage despite the conditions.

Smashing it.
    30k tailwind apparently. Although they were really gunning it before the cobbles. It’s settled a bit now I think.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve heard Katusha are rocking ass-savers.

I’m doubtful of Geraint, Porte has a bigger chance.

nemesis
    Free Member

Well I said at least one GC contender to be out of it after today…

I’m praying that Contador isn’t in the form he’s seemingly in because I really really don’t want him to win. Almost anyone else in fact.

🙁

Oh and to anyone suggesting Wiggo would have been a backup, that really only demonstrates a lack of undertanding. He’d never have been competing for the win on this year’s course. The only question was whether he was going to help or hinder CF in winning the race this year. Turns out it was irrelevant.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh and to anyone suggesting Wiggo would have been a backup, that really only demonstrates a lack of undertanding. He’d never have been competing for the win on this year’s course. The only question was whether he was going to help or hinder CF in winning the race this year. Turns out it was irrelevant.

This mostly.

Astana seem to be pushing on to create gaps for Nibali, is there enough riders there to pull back the break and give Sagan the win though?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If not impossible, who was the last person to hold all jerseys (including the white jersey) at some point in the same tour?

Not sure if he was the last to hold all jerseys at some stage in a tour but i think Merckx went one better and actually won the points, mountain and general classification in 1969. The best young rider competition didn’t exist in ’69 but if it had he would have won that too as he was under 25 at the time.

teamslug
    Free Member

Do you think Sagan will wheelie over the line if he wins?. Legend

nemesis
    Free Member

We need Jamie to come up with a STW-specific ABC logo…. (hint, hint)

Here’s my starter

llama

Nibbles taking time from Bertie

Bertie did not look like he enjoyed that last section one bit

mogrim

¡Vamos Contador!

Actually a bit disappointed, I wanted to see the man from Pinto crush Froome in the mountains 🙁

mogrim

OTB moment there, I can do that too!

WackoAK
    Free Member

At least the Vuelta will be a bit more interesting this year.

Jamie
    Free Member

We need Jamie to come up with a STW-specific ABC logo…. (hint, hint)

Sorry. Been busy.

AlexSimon

Can someone summarise the groups?
    I’m listening to Eurosport, but they never actually give groups and gaps.

Great time for an ad break as Nibali is on the ground!!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As matt Rendell just tweeted, its going to be one hell of a vuelta…

Gutted to see froome out, one less GC contender to keep it exciting, which his attacking style certainly did.

Alex try Twitter – ITVCycling and Inner Ring doing regular summaries.

teamslug
    Free Member

I dont know what all the fuss is about. I fall off this many times on a sunday morning ride!

MSP

Seeing as sky supposedly work on and through every possible detail, it is amazing how many times they have failed to protect the team leader in the first week of the tour. Other big teams just don’t seem to get that one wrong as much.

AlexSimon

Answering my own question, this is good for gaps and who’s where:
    http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2014/us/live/aso/
    Click on the riders and up pop names.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Jamie – that is brilliant.

Wohooo, I’m off to the Vuelta this year!

wwaswas

“I reckon I can recover this”

WackoAK
    Free Member

Sorry. Been busy.

Classic, gif of the year winner!

eightyeight
    Free Member

Not sure if he was the last to hold all jerseys at some stage in a tour but i think Merckx went one better and actually won the points, mountain and general classification in 1969. The best young rider competition didn’t exist in ’69 but if it had he would have won that too as he was under 25 at the time.

Mercx did win all jerseys, and though I’m certain no one has won ALL the jerseys since I wasn’t sure if someone had held them at some point in the same tour.

Any boffins have an idea?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice screen grab!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Jamie wins the internet. Again. 😀

llama

I make it nibbles has 50-60s on contador

AlexSimon

Anybody know if Porte/Thomas/Talansky or others are in the Nibali group od the Contador group?

lunge

Nibbles with a minute on Bertie would make for some very interesting mountain stages, even more so if Porte and Talansky are close as well.

Pyro

Nibali group, from letour.fr coverage:

Porsev (Katusha), Nibali, Fuglsang, Westra (Astana), Sagan (Cannondale), Kwiatkowski, Renshaw, Trentin (OPQS), Cancellara, Rast (Trek), Lemoine (Cofidis) and Keukeleire (Orica).

llama

porte and gee are with contador

not sure of talansky

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 343 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 5 – A Stage Riddled With Dangers [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.