Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • TdF Stage 4 – TTT – High-Speed Stage [Spoilers]
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Turteen seconds, Turty minutes – I love that accent so much, even better than Franglais. Thank you Eurosport cycling!

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Sky won’t want yellow this early in the race surely…

Why not? It wouldn’t hurt them. Plus Froome’s been in a wind tunnel this season so he’ll be wanting to display dominance pre individual TT?

llama

if sky does win it will be EBH in yellow

soobalias
    Free Member

I can’t see a rider surviving the whole 3 weeks with an injury like that.

hes just had a whack, and he ridden through the worst of it.
    if it were you or i we would never even know there was a tiny hairline fracture because by the time you had persuaded someone to run you through an MRI, it would be long since healed.

He aint going home unless he is sent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My team is currently embedded in the bottom half of the STW velogames league.

as long as your crap team does worse than your good team you can claim you know somethig about cycling

warton
    Free Member

if it were you or i we would never even know there was a tiny hairline fracture because by the time you had persuaded someone to run you through an MRI, it would be long since healed.

and we aren’t racing 100+ miles a day at 30mph.

If he has another fall and lands on his pelvis it could be career threatening, shocking that sky have allowed him to continue IMO

Stoner
    Free Member

Right. Housework done, slow roast lamb in the oven for fodder tonight, beer poured, ITV4 coverage starts and phone on silent.

Anyone want a sweepstake on the fastest average speed?

Im going for 56.8kph

jonba
    Free Member

and we aren’t racing 100+ miles a day at 30mph.

If he has another fall and lands on his pelvis it could be career threatening, shocking that sky have allowed him to continue IMO

He has to be lifted on to his bike. Your right we probably wouldn’t have a clue about the break but we’d be thinking “bloody hell I’m sore – I’m not going for a ride today” not tackling mountains and timetrials at flat out racing speeds.

As Warton says, my concern is another crash turning an uncomfortable injury into a career limiting one. I really like G as a rider, he is strong in the hard classic style races, can climb a bit and is a proven man against the clock. I would love to see him as a GC rider not a coach who’s career was cut short by injury.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im going for 56.8kph

well there’s already a 58-59kph so Im oot 🙁

That’s sooo fast!

mikehopkins
    Free Member

That’s sooo fast!

Did they say it was a TdF record?

Stoner
    Free Member

yep.

warton
    Free Member

hmm, my BMC bet may already be blown out the water. that was ridiculous. They do say Cavendish, on his day is the best TTT rider in the world. Him and Martin in a team is looking to good for anyone else to deal with

tinsy
    Free Member

I am having a bit on an issue with the TTT counting toward the GC positions, something about team & individual standings just does not sit right for me.

Yes I do realise the team makes every effort for their leader on each stage, but still this TTT will be pivotal.

warton
    Free Member

the tour de france, a big S3, and my unlimited data contract was never going to help my productivity….

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not all that long, tinsy, the time gaps won’t be huge – the work the teams do on the other stages will be far more significant.

scaled
    Free Member

Chavanel is by far the best value fantasy TDF rider, every evening when i’m watching the highlights i’m convinced he’s going to take the stage 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

If anyone is watching ITV4 and just had the Cloud Atlas advert, I watched it last night – it’s fantastic.

brassneck

the tour de france, a big S3, and my unlimited data contract was never going to help my productivity….

I have a feeling a lot of ‘fair use’ clauses are going to get invoked this month!

mattjg
    Free Member

If anyone is watching ITV4 and just had the Cloud Atlas advert, I watched it last night – it’s fantastic.

I enjoyed the book, the ad was just baffling, made it look like a laser gun space opera.

llama

it’s not going to be millar’s day then

I have a strange urge to claim for an injury that wasn’t my fault

mattjg
    Free Member

which is the most annoying WiiU sofa family? my money’s on the “3 perfect blondes”

RealMan
    Free Member

I enjoyed the book, the ad was just baffling, made it look like a laser gun space opera.

There is a decent amount of action, but it adds to it nicely. I haven’t read the book yet, but might look out for it.

😀

Nice ride by sky.

warton
    Free Member

brilliant rides by both sky and OPQS, considering the injuries they’re carrying.

jonba
    Free Member

Did Geraint come home with the others only got ticker feeds?

miketually
    Free Member

Did Geraint come home with the others only got ticker feeds?

No. Coasted along at the back for the team for the first half, then went hard for 5km or so. Dropped off the back with about 1km to go.

RealMan
    Free Member

Nah Geraint dropped off in the last k or so.

mattjg
    Free Member

There is a decent amount of action, but it adds to it nicely. I haven’t read the book yet, but might look out for it.

The author’s ability to switch voices in each of the component stories is pure artistry. It’s on my reread list.

I have absolutely no urge at all to buy a WiiU.

tinsy
    Free Member

OOOH I don’t think Saxo were high on the favorite list for this one… 1 second off at split, Contador in yellow?

crazy-legs

They do say Cavendish, on his day is the best TTT rider in the world.

Yeah, a lot of people don’t give him credit for being anything other than a sprinter but they forget that to sprint from a lead-out train, you’ve effectively been doing a TTT for 10km.

Remember when he wore the leader’s jersey at the Vuelta when that started with a TTT? 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Disappointing lack of sweeping heli shots of the Promenade and port. Tightwads.

atlaz
    Free Member

Contador still seems to be fidgeting on that saddle

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah like every 15 pedal strokes he has ridden onto the nose then he pushes back… odd.

Farmers?

AlexSimon

Carlton is doing my head in.
    On a brighter note, without Harmon, we seem to be getting more of Kelly

RealMan
    Free Member

OOOH I don’t think Saxo were high on the favorite list for this one… 1 second off at split, Contador in yellow?

Roche.

llama

look at cuddles’ shiny red helmet

RealMan
    Free Member

Contador losing a few seconds to Froome…

warton
    Free Member

Maybe Contadors saddle has slipped slightly? looks very strange.

brilliant ride though, not going to be much in it at the top

RealMan
    Free Member

No way RSLT are going to have the yellow at the end of the day, they’re going to have to keep on stopping and waiting for Andy to catch up..

tinsy
    Free Member

Roche.

It all came to nothing in the end, but I guess I should have looked at the GC positions!

warton
    Free Member

Orica are traveling rapidly as well, they’ve had a great opening few days.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 4 – TTT – High-Speed Stage [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.