Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • TdF Stage 20 – A Rider From The Top Rank [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

There is one last chance of glory? This was what we wanted to offer in putting together this stage, which is going to surprise many. It’s only 125km, but what a parcours! There is barely any chance to rest. The riders will have to be on their mettle from the start to the finish at the “nearly new” summit of Semnoz. Although the yellow jersey may be safe, the podium places could well be decided on this climb, which measures 10.7km in length with an average gradient of 8.5%. We could end up with the same winner we had on Alpe-d’Huez… Rodríguez, for example. Or Froome? Or Contador. Whoever it is, it will be a rider from the top rank who will finish things off in style.

Yet another solid win for Costa… Movistar are really having a fantastic tour (except for that one tiny puncture).

Photos from Stage 19

This is the kind of stage I love to watch. Short and hard, everyone will be going all out. Lots of riders looking to get in a break, but I don’t think the GC guys will want to let them get away. If we look at what’s happened at every other summit finish it seems incredibly likely that Froome will go big. Quintana to take 2nd from Contador? Rodriguez to take 4th from Kreuziger, or even 3rd from Contador (assuming Quintana gets into 2nd)? Will Froome win again? Will he also win KOM?

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Classifications
    Withdrawals
    Fantasy League Standings
    Loser League Standings

Another day when everything remains as it was – Ro5ey’s Roulers by andy rose at the top in the fantasy league (although not by much at all), Time to do some crashing at the bottom in the loser league.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wada-says-it-cannot-validate-froomes-performance-data

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-warns-against-complacency-ahead-of-semnoz“…more than 4,500 meters of climbing…”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/talansky-moves-closer-to-top-ten-finish

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/tour-de-france/539541/tour-de-france-analysis-time-for-change-in-the-king-of-the-mountains-classification.htmlan interesting thought, but surely it’s way too complicated – would be really hard to follow

And finally, this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhuguhpEGnc[/video]

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Bottom Vid: The guy in the blue shirt is a hero.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well Quintana will attack and enough to beat Contador
    Bertie will do lots of those 20 second attacks he does for reason known only to him as usual they wont work

The real race is for second

The only issue is whether Froome will go with attacks or just cruise to victory. No one is taking 5 minutes from him without a crash
    I think he will probably go with them as he wants to win in style so either him or Quintana for the win- or a breakaway- I think I covered ever eventuality there 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy

Can Froome win the 25k euro Polka dot prize as well as yellow? Just wondering if that might make him chase some climbing points today?

RealMan
    Free Member

It’s pretty much the final stage… Why hold back? Get another stage win in the bag. Froome to win.

anagallis_arvensis

Frome should just sit on Contadors wheel all day

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bertie needs to be more worried than Froome even if he eats some steak pre ride he wont make up the gap

I agree RM I think he will go for it
    Quintana wants its more so perhaps a climb together and a gift?

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Contador to attack on the second last climb. Froome and Quintana mark him with no problem and then leave him on the final climb.

Quintana takes second on GC, Froome takes the stage and tour win with the glory.

RealMan
    Free Member

Rolland already off the front, Jens trying to join… 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I imagine it is his last so of course he would attack 😀

I bet they will let him in Paris as well as his swan song

Junkyard
    Free Member

Got to loose the points for that block surely – blatant and unsporting to boot

RealMan
    Free Member

Heard about it but haven’t seen it yet. Not becoming a huge fan of Rolland..

molgrips
    Free Member

Who blocked? Just turned it on.. Is that Rolland up the road?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah Rolland cut right right across Anton narrowly missing some spectators.

Who do we fancy for today? Quintanna or Purito for me.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Jens 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

roland blocked started off in the middle of the road and pretty much rode him off the road, as blatant as blatant can be

headfirst
    Free Member

Jens putting the hurt on!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Really don’t like seeing Cuddles riding in the grupetto….I think his days as a pro are numbered now which is a great shame.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Froome or Purito for the win today. Theres no way Bertie is holding onto second.

crazy-legs

About the only thing you can say at the moment is:
    GO JENS!!

🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i bet those legs are getting a good talking to

RealMan
    Free Member

i bet those legs are getting a good talking to

😀

Would be such a great way to end a career.

aracer
    Free Member

Double HC KOM points at the finish, so provided Rolland isn’t in the top 10 (it seems likely the big boys will catch them), Froome needs to finish at least 7th or Quintana at least 5th to take the jersey off him. If Qunitana wins he gets the jersey whatever Froome does.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is this getting your arse on telly lark a new thing?

leffeboy

What’s with all the chain issues this tour? I don’t remember it from previous years

aracer
    Free Member

Really don’t like seeing Cuddles riding in the grupetto….I think his days as a pro are numbered now which is a great shame.

He wasn’t all that shabby at some minor little race in Italy recently. It stands to reason that when you’re knocking on a bit and don’t have chemical assistance it’s tough to recover and stay in form for two big races in a row (come to that I don’t see any of the top 10 from that little Italian race in contention here). I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

RealMan
    Free Member

What’s with all the chain issues this tour? I don’t remember it from previous years

Some would say it’s cause of Di2.

leffeboy

I was wondering if it was di2 or 11 speed. Are tolerances just getting too tight for hardcore roding

Crell
    Free Member

Considering the day Jens had yesterday this is amazing.

grahamt1980

I hope he can make it, would be a perfect way to see our his tour career.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Chase is on now. Cant see Jens being out too long.

crazy-legs

Bloody hell, the bunch has just exploded!

Really want Jens to win but can’t see that now, Sky are chasing hard.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow… Sky..

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sky yrain seems to be going well! Not a hope in hell of Jensie winning this, which is fine by me.

aracer
    Free Member

Sky just blew it apart – Froome didn’t just (briefly) drop Contador and Quintana, Sky did.

I wonder who apart from Rolland is actually thinking about the KOM jersey – is Froome going for it, or is Quintana? Would love one of those to win it – is far too long since it was anything other than a prize for opportunists.

crazy-legs

That gap is dropping like a stone, from 1’08” to 53″ in no time at all.

aracer
    Free Member

Say bye bye to the polka dots, Pierre 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

Routing for Porte to get the win today.

crazy-legs

Be awesome if Froome got both KOM and Yellow. Last person who did that was Merckx!

Junkyard
    Free Member

SHUT UP LEGS

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 20 – A Rider From The Top Rank [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.