Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • TdF Stage 19 – A Day For The Bold [Spoilers]
  • igm

White jersey?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Really? Quintana has 10 minutes on him.

rusty90
    Free Member

cnews ticker suggesting that they’re trying to get Cav ahead before the Col de Mad. so he doesn’t get too far behind on the climb

Kevevs
    Free Member

cheers for these threads realman!

WackoAK
    Free Member

Is it to keep Kwiatkowski in the top 10?

tinsy
    Free Member

Whats your favourite looking bike on the Tour?

Garmins Cervelo is mine.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sagan’s “Hulk” special edition Cannondale

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well that was a massive rock cock on the side of the road!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    well that was a massive rock cock on the side of the road!

Glad it wasn’t just me thinking that.

rusty90
    Free Member

And to keep things off topic, a nice bit of footwork from yesterday

WackoAK
    Free Member

munrobiker
    Free Member

To call those cocks would be a phallusy.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bit late but…..did froome get off lightly with a 20 sec penalty? – he’d have lost a shed load more if he’d bonked.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, have your worst day so far, incur a time penalty and still extend your lead over 2nd place. He’d take that 🙂

crazy-legs

Yup, have your worst day so far, incur a time penalty and still extend your lead over 2nd place. He’d take that

It was the most expensive energy gel he’s ever eaten – he got a £140 fine as well!

ocrider

Rapha are making energy suppliments now too? 😆

thestabiliser
    Free Member

But in terms of the race surely getting hydration and nutrition right is as much as part of it as pedalling these days (well maybe not as much as pedalling). If he had obeyed the rules he could have lost a couple of mins putting contador back in reach? Dope and bike weights not withstanding.

Andy

to be fair Froome did say there was a mechanical with the car earlier. Maybe the judges took that into consideration?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ahh so they were without support for a stretch before the cut off. reasonable enough

bratty

Is 20 secs not a standard punishment? I think if someone else got caught doing it they would probably get a similar penalty. Just because Froome did it when he looked liked bonking does not make it any different to if Voigt did it when he is a bit thirsty in the final few km’s.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Water would be potentially a safety issue, feeding would be a failure in tactics – except in this case if the car thing’s right

arrpee
    Free Member

if Voigt did it when he is a bit thirsty in the final few km’s.

He’d probably just have eaten a glacier or something.

tinsy
    Free Member

anyone elses eurosport player gone pop?

EDIT, all back again.

brakes
    Free Member

He’d probably just have eaten a glacier or something.

😆 or inhaled a raincloud

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Has Rollande given up or just deceptive camera, looks to be pedalling slowly and been massaging leg for about half an hour.

Jaguar press office desperate to undo damage to image- press release that they didn’t break down, a cool box overflowed spilling water onto electrics underneath, so they had to get into a new car. Sounds like a breakdown to me. Should have used Skodas…

molgrips
    Free Member

Jaguar press office desperate to undo damage to image- press release that they didn’t break down, a cool box overflowed spilling water onto electrics underneath, so they had to get into a new car

It’s good to see Sky’s story corroborated though, I have to say.

Although Jaguar should probably take note and make sure their cars are protected against interior spillages!

mogrim

to be fair Froome did say there was a mechanical with the car earlier. Maybe the judges took that into consideration?

to be fair Contador had a problem with a butcher, but one’s a cheat, and the other’s a tactical wizard…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Agree, “car trouble” sounded suspiciously vague, probably trying to be diplomatic to a sponsor though.

RealMan
    Free Member

Good day for some trainin..

molgrips
    Free Member

Weather looks grim.. I thought there was something wrong with the feed it’s so dark.

mogrim

Wouldn’t want to be doing that descent in the wet on a road bike!

CaptJon
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    Wouldn’t want to be doing that descent in the wet on a road bike!

Every time Costa crosses a white line on a corner my heart jumps a little bit.

oldnpastit

Can someone explain what’s going on? I’m in a bar just down the road from bourg d’oisans watching it on a tv but I’m totally in the dark as its in French and far away….

CaptJon
    Free Member

Costa leads Kloden by about a minute with 2 km to go. The big contenders are on the final descent about 9 minutes back.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Costa wins. Kloden comes in second 47s behind.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The rest of the day’s breakaway riders are coming in in ones and twos. Yellow jersey group are 5km out, all together: Froome, Porte, Contador, Quintana, Rodriguez plus some others.

brakes
    Free Member

MASSIVE CRASH!

brakes
    Free Member

sorry, my mistake 😈

CaptJon
    Free Member

Valverde and Gadre (sp?) get a gap on the YJ group. But it will only gain them seconds.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Main contenders have crossed the line and are given the same time.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 19 – A Day For The Bold [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.