Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • TdF Stage 18 – Spinning The Legs [Spoilers]
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    I can see the sprint on Sunday being uncontested.

According to the Lotto-Belisol rider interviewed on ITV4, they were saving themselves for Greipel on Sunday.

brakes
    Free Member

it’s gonna be EPIC!

alex222
    Free Member

According to the Lotto-Belisol rider interviewed on ITV4, they were saving themselves for Greipel on Sunday.

A poor attempt a a psych out? Cav has not had the opportunity for a stage win for almost two weeks (?) so he must be fit to burst.

jonba
    Free Member

Videos anywhere? don’t have live coverage at work. That’s some gap in the photo though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Chinny reckon

CaptJon
    Free Member

lol

Junkyard
    Free Member

The pic does make it look like they have just failed to catch a breakaway rather than they are all “contesting” a sprint.

Well they certainly rested him eh..he is still unstoppable and utterly peerless on a flat sprint.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Chinny reckon

Genuine LOL at that….

ROFLcopter deployed… 🙂

justatheory
    Free Member

That was phenomenal, complete and utter dominance.

crikey
    Free Member

Mark Cavendish is quite small, but the other riders are very far away…

aracer
    Free Member

Of course they were – that would be why a Lotto rider went past Cav on the last corner.

racefaceec90

i had no idea what chinny reckon meant 😳 i think i get it now 😀

ocrider

Janesy -Member POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    Need to find a link to watch it. In France so ITV not working.

http://www.pluzz.fr (francetelevison stuff)

Wiggo on meeting Francois Hollande:

Je pensais que cetait le mec de Loftstory (big brother)

😆

colournoise

If I was anyone thinking about a stage win on Sunday or believing there was a chance of an olympic RR gold medal I would be absolutely shitting myself right now.

Astonishing work by Cav, and great to hear both him and Wiggins talking up the Sky team spirit again.

slainte 8) rob

tracknicko
    Free Member

look at his likkle face!

darkcove
    Lifer
    Free Member

Reckon it was all too easy for Cav to win that.

alex222
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

love the French commentary!
    “REGARDE, REGARDE”
    “c’est pas possible”

tonyg2003

Look at the overhead. Goss and Sagan probably wouldn’t have beaten Sanchez or Roche. They sat up and Goss/Sagan only just got past them.

“Should have been classed as a solo break” 😀 classic

rOcKeTdOg

I think mark cavendish was quicker in the itvcyling highlights than he was in the live feed

donsimon
    Free Member

The Sanchez gesture said it all really. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Klunk
    Free Member

think it definitely deserved a separate time though. It looks like breakaway or nothing in the ORR, that boy really needs to learn to win by just enough 🙂

fasthaggis

That was superb,if he was trying to keep his form a bit of a secret till next week ,he just blew it.
    Cavtastic 🙂

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I had tears in my eyes. The yellow jersey once more leading out the sprinters.

Big Wig mullers them all tomorrow and then leads out Cav to a win on the Champs Elysees will be the icing and cherry on a very big cake.

Boring TdF? The greatest ever IMHO.

Klunk
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

great series of photos

Got to admire the skill of the photographer on the Cav shots. 😐

fogliettaz
    Free Member

That finish was up there with his win in Paris a couple of years ago. The speed with which he came past the riders in front of him was utterly amazing!

Klunk
    Free Member

love to see the overhead from further out.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Unbelievable speed from Cav at the finish and a great lead out from Wiggo. Two great British riders doing the flag proud. Hope they continue this form into the Olympics!

MrOvershoot

Classic look at the riders out of focus as they are so far back 😀

Hope Sky can put him in that position in Paris (not sure mind)

theotherjonv

One word. Wow!

Notter
    Free Member

Holy “turd”, the boy is incredible!!!
    Golden era for British cycling continues and shows no sign of letting up for a while yet with Froome in the GC in years to come.

Can’t wait for the Champs Elysses, it’s going to be classic!

velomanic
    Free Member

What a finish!

To see the Maillot Jaune at this stage of the race putting it on the line in the final 3km’s was epic – had tears in my eyes when Cav lit the burners and “left them for dead”.

Lost my voice shouting at the tv, hope it’s back in time to shout some more on Sunday 😀

TiRed

Missed the action, but cheered at the eurotunnel when I heard.

On the positive side… Tommy voekler is staying in the hotel next to me 😆 . He looked dead but signed an autograph. Orica greenedge, movistar and fdj are also here. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Go Bradley.

Lifer
    Free Member

Did Anker Sorensen ride today after mashing his hand?

rOcKeTdOg

yes

aracer
    Free Member

Yes – Sorensen in 54th place, in the main field (plenty off the back).

Just seen the Adam Hansen (Lotto) interview, and to be fair you lot are misinterpreting what he said. His comments were concerning his team not having to work for most of the day because he was in the break – the same applies to Sky who had EBH up the road (arguably the favourite if they sprinted it out – though 16 riders were never going to get to the finish together). I don’t think he was suggesting they didn’t try at the end.

scaredypants

That finish video’s best bit is Sanchez looking round to see if anyone else is on the road at all, when cavendish is already about 10 yards past him 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 18 – Spinning The Legs [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.