Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • TdF Stage 15: Rodez – Carcassonne (spoilers!)
  • crazy-legs

Another day where things could go almost any which way.
    Last time the race finished in Carcassonne, Mark Cavendish won his 34th Tour stage…

With two of the main sprinters (Caleb Ewen and Fabio Jakobsen) more or less out of the picture (Caleb due to his crash the other day, Fabio seems to be suffering in the heat), it’s more likely that today’s finish will be a reduced sprint from a breakaway. That said, there are few sprint opportunities on this Tour and the remaining sprinters may be keen to pull it all back together.

200km down through the standard Tour fare of sunflower fields to take the peloton to the foothills of the Pyrenees, a rest day tomorrow and then MOAR MOUNTAINS!

crazy-legs

Wow!

DrJ

That’s a blow to JV. What exactly happened to Rogelic?

Klunk
    Free Member

30 secs in

he dislocated his shoulder, sat in someones chair and popped it back in and got back on his bike and only lost just over 2 mins to Pog

crazy-legs

Magnus Cort is another DNS. Covid.

theotherjonv

top bottle wrangling by Trek Segafredo rider Tom Skujins, he’s got a round of bottles, enough for everyone in the peleton stuffed down his skinsuit!

winston
    Free Member

Shame – two great riders out.

Its ironic (and a real bummer) that the first ‘normal’ tour ‘after’ covid has seen more riders leave the tour with covid than in either 20 or 21

Still at least as a non-participant with covid I get to watch the remainder, but I’d rather be watching a full peloton!

I’m really worried one of the GC will have to pull out basically nullifying the tour – going out with covid isn’t the same as going out after a crash

grahamt1980

Jumbo not doing well for crashes today

winston
    Free Member

Yes, and that was a close call for the YJ

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s one isolated yellow for a relatively flat stage !

Klunk
    Free Member

bike exchange from hero to zero! all that work for another team to take it!

Klunk
    Free Member

blimey Fred Wright got 10th!

Klunk
    Free Member

and a no show from Jacobson! (is this Quickstep’s worst tour in a while ?)

crazy-legs

and a no show from Jacobson! (is Quickstep’s worst tour in a while ?

Shoulda brought Cav…
    😉

Klunk
    Free Member

I didn’t want to labour the point 😉

but Cav always finds a way 🙂

theotherjonv

another great stage, not always for the right reasons….hope the crashed riders aren’t bashed out of contention.

Great sprint at the end and a maiden win, but jeez they ride close. Philipsen was sprinting on the left hand half of the left hand side of the road, and just after the line had squeezed Pedersen right into WvA tight to the RH barriers. Unless the last 100m was on a bend and that was the straight line, that doesn’t look great to me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.