Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • TdF Stage 14 – An Appetiser [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

We have reached the Pyrenees! But this is more of an appetiser than a mountain stage proper. Things will get going at kilometre 116 with the ascent to the Port de Lers, with 11.4 km at 7%. Then comes the Mur de Péguère, which is making its Tour debut and could deal some serious damage too: some sections are close to an 18% gradient, with 10.8% at the finish! Nevertheless, the distance to Foix will make great climbers hesitate. In my opinion, this is more of a stage for all-rounders such Voeckler and Chavanel. Or maybe a 50 man strong group with the freshest riders in it…

Evans to attack. Breakaway to get within 4k.

Rubbish pictures. Except for the one of Sagan of course.

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/tour-de-france/photos/stage-13/

Not going my way at all..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-tour-de-france

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Velogames Fantasy League
    Classifications
    Withdrawals

I’m off to ride my bike, should be back in time hopefully.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve brought in Nibali to my RCUK fantasy team for today.

tang
    Free Member

Going to have to be a massive effort on the Mur to stay away with any significant gap as its a long run in. one for the break today? Nibs & cuds to wait for the bigger days to come?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Nibbles and cuddles toattack

Froome and brad to chase them down alone then over take them riding like an Olympic pursuit team. As they do Nibbles and cuddles tyres puncture and they have a fight at the side of the road { cuddles obviously wins this]

brad takes 8 minutes of them both and then spends the rest of the tour having a Pyrenees Pootle

theotherjonv

Cuddles and nibbles to attack and open a gap. Brad and froome to swap to a tandem and chase them down making loser signs as they pass them

Stoner
    Free Member

good morning tous le monde! anyone for gateau?

its a lovely sunny morning on today’s wicket. there’s a bit of a stiff breeze through the outfield. soon coming out at 1 & 2 for GB XI are the openers Wiggins and Froome to face the lack lustre attack from World XI headed up plucky Aussie Cuddles and that Italian battler Nibbles. Both showing some weakness on the leg side.

the wine is chilling, the barbecue set up, and Mr Kelly looked much refreshed this morning before heading off to his commentary box at foix. as did his German colleague who arrived late last night.

RealMan
    Free Member

Brad and froome to swap to a tandem

Oh how I wish that was allowed.

cuddles obviously wins this

Goes without saying really.

scaredypants

Anybody listening to eurosport – sounds like Froome (or a naughty journalist) is stirring it up a bit 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

no, what is it the he would expect full team support bit?

It all depends on the [2013]route. If there are Cols [summit finishes] I hope Sky will be honest and all my team-mates will be at my service, with the same loyalty I have shown.”

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hmm

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12401/Froome-says-he-wants-Sky-to-ride-for-him-in-2013-if-theres-a-hilly-Tour.aspx

“I know I would be able to win this Tour, [but] not at Sky. We have defined a strategy around Wiggins and everyone respects that,” he told L’Equipe. “I can not lie to you, it’s difficult, really, but it’s my job.”

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/37888/froome-expects-wiggins-to-return-loyalty-in-2013

“I know I’m capable of winning the Tour de France one day,” Froome said to L’Equipe. “But not this Tour, and perhaps not with Sky. We have a defined strategy that is centred on Bradley Wiggins, and I will of course respect that. I won’t lie, that’s sometimes been hard, but that’s my job.”

Edric64
    Free Member

If Wiggins wins this year Sky would hardly build a team round Froome for next year and leave the defending champion to his own devises would they ?
    I would expect to see Froome leading another team next year( depeniding on contracts)

Spin
    Free Member

I’d love to think they had a gentlemans agreement along the lines of me this year you next year. Seems unlikely though.

RealMan
    Free Member

God Sagan is such a hero. Is he going to get another win?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I think that was a Fifer with the saltire just before the summit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice to see cav at the front on a hill

RealMan
    Free Member

Even nicer to see him off the front 🙂

RustyMac

Hopefully this will go some way to silenceing the doubters for his Olympics attempt.

RealMan
    Free Member

How?

Junkyard
    Free Member

he climbed a hill

RealMan
    Free Member

Practically in the bag then

Junkyard
    Free Member

why did they not just do a pan flat stage for Cav?
    Are there rules about what the course had to be like?

And we are off

RealMan
    Free Member

why did they not just do a pan flat stage for Cav?

Probably the same reasons why the tour de suisse isn’t a prologue followed by 8 days of ITTs. Everyone would complain and/or boycott. Also I’m not sure who decides on the Olympic route – wouldn’t it be some Olympic/cycling committee?

Sagan wants this.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know they would complain but who sets the route was more what I was after and criteria…he would have won though if we had

he is going to get it as well I would imagine
    Oh and cav still pwning the peleton 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

I suppose they’ve just got to make it exciting and give lots of riders (and countries) a chance, rather then about 4, but they probably still want a bunch sprint – more entertaining.

RealMan
    Free Member

HE CLIMBS LIKE AN ANGEL

Junkyard
    Free Member

If they want a bunch sprint so why not pick a route to deliver…sure give the others a chance …not when we have the manx missile to launch.

I dont knwo how the route is chosen or if there are “rules” to it or they could have done as they please…could have made a more cav friendly route with viewer ascents of Box hill

Calm down boy Cav is not that good a climber 😉

he is absolutely awesome to be fair and may have a grand tour win in him tbh.

RealMan
    Free Member

OH GOD WHO CARES LOOK AT HIM GO

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Sagan is a machine!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

That climb is brutal I would be crying my eyes out, fair does to Cav for his turn on the front, & the green jersey can’t be human is he a machine 😮

Junkyard
    Free Member

cuddles setting up for the attack and he is off…ISH

RealMan
    Free Member

ARGH who cares about the GC where is Sagan???

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Attack is being made…..Allez mod!

tinribz
    Free Member

Slo-mo attack 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

RM and SAGAN
    Sitting in a tree
    K I S S I N G

you are developing a rather public man crush

RealMan
    Free Member

Envy is such a cruel mistress.

Wiggins isn’t actually in a brilliant place.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not envious of your man crush 😕
    your right first is a rubbish place to be 😛

RealMan
    Free Member

He was like 15 or so places back before..

Just checked out the white jersey placings…

1. VAN GARDEREN Tejay 59h 39′ 29”
    2. PINOT Thibaut + 01′ 54”
    3. TAARAMAE Rein + 41′ 59”

Bit of a two man show that.

SAGAN ATTACKING. He’s quite a good descender. I think that he may have done some mountain biking before, think I heard that somewhere.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is he going to stop in a minute and have a pint, some cake and a pie?7

CUDDLES PUNCTURES TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN

RealMan
    Free Member

As they do Nibbles and cuddles tyres puncture and they have a fight at the side of the road

1/3 right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

let me have my moment of glory and go back to your sagan fantasy…your just jealous because mone came true …he has punctured and you cant say I did not say it would happen 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 14 – An Appetiser [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.