Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • TdF Stage 12 – Never Give Up [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

This is a long stage (218km) because we wanted to be able to reach Lyon in three days. The finish should suit the sprinters. But it will all depend on what ambitions everyone has now? The idea that Quick Step, Orica-GreenEdge and Lotto will shackle the whole peloton in order to set up Cavendish, Goss and Greipel can’t be excluded, and this scenario will automatically suit the team that has the yellow jersey. I would prefer to see some attacks, some movement… Contrary to a perceived idea, the Sky riders do have weaknesses. At the Olympic Games, they exhausted themselves on the front of the peloton chasing behind everyone. That should make everyone else believe they should never give up. Last year’s winners will not necessarily be this year’s winners.

Another well deserved win, to a brilliant rider and a great guy, and one who just hasn’t had a lot of luck in recent years. Great rides from Froome and Porte too, I’m hoping Porte can make up some time and get back into the top 20 before Paris, but we’ll see. Quintana losing quite a bit of time which neutralises some of the threat he can pose to Froome, which will make his job a bit easier.

Photos from Stage 11

Could this be the start of a beautiful man crush? I think so…

But anyway, this will be another bunch sprint obviously, and I’m just going to be quiet today. I’m not going to jinx anything. Never give up.

It’s worth noting there are two 90 degree right hand bends in the final kilometre.

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Classifications
    Withdrawals
    Fantasy League Standings
    Loser League Standings

In the fantasy league Mike`s Men – no Fro by mikewingrave clings desperately onto the top spot, but surely his days are numbered? Time to do some crashing ain’t going anywhere quickly, especially away from the bottom of the loser league..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-doused-with-urine-in-tour-de-france-time-trialnot nice

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde-theres-froome-and-then-theres-everyone-else

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-we-are-not-giving-up-on-tour-de-france-victorythe first comment says it all for me: “I remember when Contador beat Cancellara in the 2009 TdF time trial”

Got some friends who don’t quite understand the tour? Show them this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wPa1Hl5ZA[/video]

And I’ll just leave you all with this, which has a few very interesting points to make about Cav, and a few other riders.

http://bangabledudesinprocycling.com/

Oh my..

sputnik
    Free Member

RM, have you heard your boyfriend being interviewed?
    He is about as eloquent as a Neanderthal…

RealMan
    Free Member

All I have to say to that is this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8rX75IwVs[/video]

Also this.

Tour de France: Frustrated Geraint Thomas ready to bounce back and lead Chris Froome to Paris

mrblobby
    Free Member

RM, have you heard your boyfriend being interviewed?
    He is about as eloquent as a Neanderthal…

Sagan? He’s 23, it’s not his native tongue, he really does ok.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

In velogames … 3rd, 4th and 5th are separated by just 2 points !!

molgrips
    Free Member

Isn’t that action man?

warton
    Free Member

I have to go for Cavendish today. He will be angry today, and that’s when he’s at his most dangerous.

I think he has to ditch his team in the final 1 or 2km, they just aren’t getting up there well enough. get on grepiel’s wheel a km or 2 out and go early.

clubber
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Sagan? He’s 23, it’s not his native tongue, he really does ok.

Agreed. I’d have been rubbish at interviews in Slovak when I was 23…

And +1 for Cav today, not because he’s fast or his team are much cop but because if there’s ever anyone who can win when he’s pissed ( 😉 ) off and got a point to make, it’s Cav.

wrecker
    Free Member

Dude looks like he’s escaped from a concentration camp.

clubber
    Free Member

Dude looks positively fat in comparison to GC riders…

( I know but I couldn’t be bothered to spend ages on google images)

crazy-legs

It’ll be dull as ditchwater until the final 10km.

Break of no-hopers will get 8 minutes on the peloton, get reeled in, all hell will break loose as the sprint trains get sorted, Cav will either crash spectacularly or win.

All the GC contenders will sit there in the bunch and do nothing.

[/crystal ball]

llama

See I’m no expert but Sagan looks OK in that picture. But with that stupid goatee he looks like a moron.

Come on Cav enough messing about lets have this one!

tinsy
    Free Member

I dont want to make a prediction because I am the kiss of death to these things.

However you can probably guess.

brakes
    Free Member

BORING STAGE ALERT!
    I imagine there’ll be lots of fillers in this evening’s highlights programs though which is nice.

My prediction > Cav will monster it, with Kittel second and Greipel prolapsing across the finish in 3rd because there was a teeny pebble that slowed him down by 0.001mph. RealMan’s boyfriend coming in 4th as he decided to do a backflip over the tram lines.
    Aren’t there tram lines towards the end? That could be carnage. Is it bad that I like sprint crashes?

clubber
    Free Member

There are tram lines on what was the traditional finish to Paris-Tours. For that reason they’ve moved the finish to somewhere with no tram lines…

timb34
    Free Member

No tram lines, but two sharp bends in the final km!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Could this be the start of a beautiful man crush? I think so.

What on Froome – he has no style at all on a bike and he aint got much off it.

Sagan – ok I will give you that one

Today Not cav someone else because his lead out team is utter pish – can I transfer him from my team yet?

Bertie – FFS I thought he was the real deal but it shows you what a difference PEDS actually make

[conspiracy]Wonder how he will do in the Vueleta where he seems to be able to get his own steak[/tin foil hat]

brakes
    Free Member

Froome – he has no style

he has spidey-style

mudshark
    Free Member

Dude looks positively fat in comparison to GC riders…

Some say he could be a GC guy one day; capable of almost anything it seems.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has spidey-style

It is odd he can be so fast and yet so gangly at the same time

clubber
    Free Member

I’m not convinced. People always say that about people like him but like Hagen-Daaz, Cancellara and many before, IMO they never really turn out that way – moreso now that EPO is less prevalent/effective.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I actually like his style on and off the bike. But then I’m quite gangly too.

corroded
    Free Member

Froome is an absolute mess. ‘A robot pushing a shopping trolley’. Purists like David Millar must be cringing.

sputnik
    Free Member

Purists like David Millar must be cringing… currently in 98th place lol

Andy

Cavendish’s twitter last night made me chuckle

Well i think the apple juice looks far from appetising for me tonight… And I’m not taking the piss. Did that once already today. ?#?standup

Apologies if done already

RealMan
    Free Member

Sorry, was talking about Porte. He’s got a bit of an odd shaped head though, it’s kinda square.

No worries when he’s got his helmet on though 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

This could have been your first clanger in 12 stages, I think you have confused everyone as to who your man crush was aimed at, your caption was under Porte but then there was the naked shot of Sagan.

Are you being unfaithful already?

RealMan
    Free Member

There’s enough room in my heart for more than one..

brakes
    Free Member

do you love them from the bottom of your heart? or the heart of your bottom?

tinsy
    Free Member

On a serious note could Sagan adapt & start going for GC position, he can climb thats for sure, if any of the sprinter set could make that change it must be him?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I doubt it but he is without doubt the most complete and all rounder of the sprinters

llama

flecha in the break.

whenever I hear his name I think of this guy:

RealMan
    Free Member

Got bored whilst watching the stage, started playing with a fan, now my finger is bleeding. Thank you, TdF.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ouch..

(OGE rider falling off, not my finger)

(although also my finger)

tinsy
    Free Member

OK now its time…

Edric64
    Free Member

Cav missed out again .Kittel looks like the new fastest man in the world his speed was awesome then !!

molgrips
    Free Member

Gutted!

RealMan
    Free Member

Kittel does seem unstoppable right now.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Classic Phil liggett “kittel coming out but you’ll never get passed Cavendish once he’s going….oh, and its Kittel on the line….”

brakes
    Free Member

if I was his boss, I’d tell Ligget to shut up… if he wasn’t a commentator.
    oh well, maybe I’ll miss the highlight program later… playing squash instead. whoop!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 12 – Never Give Up [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.