Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 248 total)
  • TdF Stage 11 – A Tough One [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

they don’t need to but they should just for kicks.

Somebody give this man a team manager job.

😀

rusty90
    Free Member

No, Sky are just going to ride tempo until the other GC contenders crack (or die from sheer boredom).

jonba
    Free Member

Cuddles seems like a good guy, maybe that has where he got his nick name. I think sky shuld give Nibbles “the look” and attack. He’s probably just break down in tears and be unable to respond.

No need for Froome to attack, he can defend wiggins until the time trial and then put the hammer down. Would be awesome to have tow brits fighting for the yellow jersey- you wait 100years for a British Tour winner and….

WackoAK
    Free Member

Cuddles is going to smash them on the final climb, his previous effort was just to lull them into a false sense of security..

WackoAK
    Free Member

Nibbles “the look” and attack. He’s probably just break down in tears and be unable to respond.

Genuine LOL! 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

No need for Froome to attack

I know that but would still be good to see how Evans responded.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why does Nibbles keep going back to the car, then?

Gary_M
    Free Member

To get some tissues to dry his eyes.

RealMan
    Free Member

Lot of Nibali hating going on here. What’s so bad about him?

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Wiggo & Sagan at the bottom of the Col de la Madeleine this morning. Great atmosphere on the course today.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    To get some tissues to dry his eyes.

Applause!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Bloody nora, Sky are boring, effective but boring. If this turns out to be an Armstrong style domination I’ll lose interest pretty quick. Hopefully Nibbles and Cuddles will keep having a go

elliptic
    Free Member

Lot of Nibali hating going on here. What’s so bad about him?

Threw his toys out yesterday because, err, Wiggo’s been looking at him funny. Apparently.

(Do try and keep up…)

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that, but is that it?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that, but is that it?

Pretty much..

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lot of Nibali hating going on here.

More piss taking than hating from what I can see.

allthepies
    Free Member

you wait 100years for a British Tour winner and….

A Kenyan bloke wins it.

😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nibali took offence to a salute wiggo did no ?” Exclaimed we are cyclists not footballers ! ”

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Belgian bloke surely!? 🙂

Ps. How great do the mountains look?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Junkyard – i agree , its almost like he matured now he has had his turn to win.

I do like him – i was sitting in a glasgow pub shouting at the tv last year on the final tt for him to smash schleck BUT my allegance is to wiggins , sky and british cycling.

rusty90
    Free Member

If Sean Kelly says “push on” one more time I’m going to scream.

warton
    Free Member

TBH, it looks like Wiggins will win, but I won’t be rushing to buy the DVD, makes an Indurain tour look exciting…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Do you think Wiggins is bored?

Still a long way to go, and far too early to call anything.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you think Wiggins is bored?

He loves riding his bike.
    He’s wearing the yellow jersey in the TdF.

My guess would be ‘no’.

RealMan
    Free Member

“Yeah, he won, but he didn’t do any backflips or anything.”

When Hart became world champ did you complain that he should have done a 360 instead of “just a whip”?

😉

warton
    Free Member

Not complaining, just making a point that it’s not very exciting, and no wiggins won’t be bored, but he’s not me is he? And I’m bored shitless.

donsimon
    Free Member

If this turns out to be an Armstrong style domination I’ll lose interest pretty quick.

You could always start a rumour…
    Bugger, another program break, can we please, please, please get back to the adverts??? #ITV4Pants

ocrider

When Hart became world champ did you complain that he should have done a 360 instead of “just a whip”?

Naaaaah. We only let him off because of the shitty conditions 😆

jonba
    Free Member

And I’m bored shitless.

Most exciting tour ever. FACT!

Junkyard
    Free Member

We have British riders in the top three and yellow, we have the best team , we are dominating and you are bored…you would have loved the other 98 tours

rusty90
    Free Member

A Brit in the process of winning the Tour for the first time ever is boring ? There’s no pleasing some people.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here we go! The attacks come….!

theotherjonv

So far he’s won the yellow jersey, Nibali’s attacked and been shut down, Cuddles has attacked and been shutdown, it might seem dull but it’s a superb exhibition of defensive riding. They don’t need to attack, in order to win overall. Draw their teeth one by one, seems to be the plan, and it’s working great so far.

I agree, would be nice to see them attack Evans and Nibali too, but given everyone else would coalesce against Sky if they tried hardly seems worth trying.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Nibbles goes!

donsimon
    Free Member

Nibali’s quite tidy.

warton
    Free Member

We? Whos we exactly? Team sky? Sorry but I don’t go in for the whole jingoistic thing in cycling. I’d rather Boonen won Paris roubaix than say, G-Man for example. By the way, just for all the ‘British’ fans, im not blaming wiggo for it being boring, so you can stop frothing at the mouth now.

Junkyard, please don’t patronise me. I watch, read and listen cycling 365 days a year. Have done since I was 14

EDIT: to be fair, Nibali has been good so far, I’ve always liked him, always prepared to have a go.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nibali goes BOOM

EDIT: FWIW it was sarcasm- possibly not the most exciting ever but there is still plenty going on and none of the other 2 have given up.plenty others have been more of a procession than this- still not guarantee wiggo will win unlike say if it was LA or Indurain when it would all be over

neville
    Free Member

+1

The excitement will come from the attacks failing and oh, the final TT.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

just because some bloke (who I happened to race with back in the day) shares the same passport nationality as me and is now wearing yellow doesn’t make it an interesting race!

Patriotism is a crap reason for finding a sports event interesting and Brad was born in Belgium and has an Australian father anyway.

EDIT: interweb sarcasm is hard to read sometimes

rusty90
    Free Member

And Froome reels him back in.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 11 – A Tough One [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.