Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 248 total)
  • TdF Stage 11 – A Tough One [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

One of the shortest stages in the 99thedition. But riders beware, it is a tough one! The course is simple: after the first thirteen kilometres from Albertville, the peloton will be hard pressed to find a single inch of flat terrain! The cyclists will tackle La Madeleine, La Croix de Fer and Le Mollard one after the other before the final climb up La Toussuire. Let me tell you, the final podium will start to take shape on the finish line here! Those who falter in this stage will get no second chances. The winner will not be known yet, but the losers certainly will.

I’m not sure about this one, really didn’t see Voeckler for that one yesterday, came as a bit of a surprise. Chavanel? Rolland? Evans? Froome?

Oh, how we’ve missed that tongue.

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/tour-de-france/photos/stage-10/

Got knocked out the top 10 (it’s just temporary though).

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-tour-de-france

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Velogames Fantasy League
    Classifications
    Withdrawals

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a sneaky suspicion that sky will unleash some pain today

yossarian
    Free Member

I have a sneaky suspicion that sky will unleash some pain today

so do I

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. Pain will be delivered today. On the Croix de Fer, I reckon.

RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIJJMa3y0ek[/video]

leggyblonde
    Free Member

They’re only half way through so I doubt Sky will be digging too hard, no need to drop everyone when they have 2 mins in hand. After all, the Pyrenees can be pretty damn tough…

Junkyard
    Free Member

psychological reason IMHO
    wiggo has only ever struggled on the later parts of 2000 m climbs it will be to show he cannot be dropped and to crush the will of his opponents.
    this is the most mountains one – ell ITV just said it was

yossarian
    Free Member

i want to see Nibali grovel like a bitch today as he tries to hang onto wiggins’s wheel

RealMan
    Free Member

Cancellara gone back home I just heard. Interesting, that means Rorschach has lost two riders..

ocrider

Cancellara not at the start. He’s at the maternity ward holding his wife’s hand.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cancellara not at the start. He’s at the maternity ward holding his wife’s hand.

Good for him! Some things are more important! 🙂

binners

Sky don’t really have to do anything really. Just sit up front. They’ve got 2 minutes on everyone. Its up to anyone else who’s any intention of competing to attack. Then they can react.

Todays stage looks truly evil though!!! My legs hurt just looking at the profile of those climbs

tonyg2003

The Glandon has some nasty ramps, I remember just after the river crossing which was horrible and many gradient changes too. Just looking up at the photo of me going up it that’s on my home office wall.

Sky will have to keep a close watch on Evans/Nibali since if they make time on the descents since today there are no valley floors to catch up on.

Personally I’d like to see Sky dish out the pain to Nibali today. His “I’ve been disrespected by Wiggins” comments are laughable.

binners

Cav got all this ‘not showing enough respect’ crap from the uppity continentals, when he started looking potentially unbeatable?

Hope Brad answers it in the same style, which he probably will

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Personally I’d like to see Sky dish out the pain to Nibali today. His “I’ve been disrespected by Wiggins” comments are laughable.

^This^

The only more pathetic sporting comments this week have been from Mitchell “That song” Johnson of the embarrassingly poor Aussie cricket team.

The_king_is_dead
    Free Member

Quite. “I didn’t like the way he looked at me on the stage”

MTFU Nibali!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“i want to see Nibali grovel like a bitch today as he tries to hang onto wiggins’s wheel “

+1

jimster
    Free Member

Sole breakawy by a lowly placed climber.

Main cotenders will just be chased down.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

A couple of the fellas here in work did this stage on Sunday as the Etape Act 1.

They said it was carnage. Only just over half the field finished, with the dustcart being put back by 2 hours.

One of the guys saw a chap swept up in the last Km …. Now that’s harsh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that was because he was under the required Assos/Rapha/Strava/Carbon threshold for the event.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that was because he was under the required Assos/Rapha/Strava/Carbon threshold for the event.

leffeboy

Nibbles to fire off down the far side of col de la croix de fer to catch up with a breakaway?

RealMan
    Free Member

A friend of a friend got swept up in the first 3km after he’d been training all year for it and was potentially going to get a very good time. But he got a puncture.

Markie
    Free Member

From today’s Guardian

Team Europcar rider Thomas Voeckler is, apparently, one of the morst unpopular riders in the peloton. I have no idea why and he’s always struck me as an honest, nails-hard cyclist who seems affable enough, if a bit of a drama queen.

Anybody able to shed any light on this? Following pro cycling only loosely, I’ve always quite liked him…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Where’s this quote from nibali anyone got alink?

mrlebowski
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

nibali said at the start that he feared evans but not Brad and it seems the trolling has worked

RealMan
    Free Member

nibali said at the start that he feared evans but not Brad and it seems the trolling has worked

😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Markie – I think it’s because he doesn’t play ball with the “lets have an easy day”, “respect the peloton” etc… and likes to do his own thing too much.

TD – http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-wiggins-needs-to-respect-his-rivals

Haze

Only just over half the field finished, with the dustcart being put back by 2 hours.

A friend of a friend got swept up in the first 3km after he’d been training all year for it and was potentially going to get a very good time. But he got a puncture.

It took him 2 hours to fix a puncture?!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I think you’ll find that was because he was under the required Assos/Rapha/Strava/Carbon threshold for the event. “

Ha… I’d never thought of it like that before …. spot on.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

nibali said at the start that he feared evans but not Brad

hammerite
    Free Member

So is Nibali

You looking at me?

Or

Who you giving evils?

tang
    Free Member

I love nibbles balls out descending but what a whining prima don. Get him on the crease with Glen McGrath! I hope sky take them to bits.

RealMan
    Free Member

It took him 2 hours to fix a puncture?!

Sorry, this was a couple of years ago.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pot and kettle – Evans suggested Nibali was unsportsmanlike yesterday because he attacked while someone had a mechanical.

Haze

Thought so 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

this was a couple of years ago.

has he learnt to fix punctures yet?

messiah
    Free Member

Thomas Voeckler is, apparently, one of the morst unpopular riders in the peloton.

Is he unpopular because their wives talk about his tongue?

Digger90
    Free Member

Ooooh – what an exciting start!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 11 – A Tough One [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.