• This topic has 360 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kudos.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 361 total)
  • TdF Stage 10 – Spectacular Fireworks [Spoilers]
  • nemesis
    Free Member

For me, AC abandoning kind of balances out CF – I don’t see Nibali was at their level so we may now have a race.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Lifer – Member
    Valverde must be licking his lips…

So am i. I put money on him at 23-1.

Lifer
    Free Member

I don’t think it diminishes it at all, they’re still going to race ffs.

mt
    Free Member

Did fall on downhill? Missed that bit on live feed. Heard his frame snapped.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Ah yes, despising Valverde, knew I’d find a reason to keep watching. Just hope Porte et al can make it a race for Nibali and if he wins he earns it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nemesis – Member
    For me, AC abandoning kind of balances out CF – I don’t see Nibali was at their level so we may now have a race.

There is now a longer list who can/think they can. If there are 3 or 4 who are going to give it a go and attack then the better the finish will be.

tonyg2003

Always a pity to see a contender climb off rather than win or lose on the road. Contador looked in bits when he stopped.

Well looks like we are going to have a first time winner this year!

jfletch
    Free Member

Valverde is done. Couldn’t even keep up on Saturday with 3 small climbs that suit him.

It’s a 2 horse race between Porte and Nibali unless someone sneaks away and wins big in a break away.

nemesis
    Free Member

Source of ‘frame snapped’ – Phil and Paul. I’ll wait for confirmation before I believe that…

faustus

It’s a shame, because I was looking forward to some mountain battles with the big guns. I think it’s Nibali’s to loose now, I don’t think Porte has it in him to gain time on the mountains, and Astana seem stronger than Sky as a team right now..

buck53

It’s all part of racing, the course doesn’t get any easier because Froome and Contador aren’t on it. Wide open for the time being, should be interesting after the rest day.

corroded
    Free Member

Much as I’m in the Anyone But Contador camp, I’m sad to see him go. On the positive side, I think it’s not a bad thing for some others to get a crack at the podium. I’m hoping to see Richie Porte go for it, though Nibali has to be the overwhelming favourite.

theotherjonv

Yeah, but there’s (comparatively) no competition for Nibbles now.

It’ll be like a world cup with no Ronaldo, no Suarez, no Rooney, no Neymar….. how crap would that be 😉

wwaswas

guaranteed a first time winner now.

just a question of who…

atlaz
    Free Member

Schleck dropped a chain whilst launching an attack from behind on contador, completely different scenario.

Or more specifically Schleck, in yellow, attacked on the climb whilst ahead of Contador, Vino went with him, Schleck dropped his chain, Vino went past, Contador came past after that. It was a cheap way to get the jersey.

nemesis
    Free Member

AC wouldn’t have crashed if he’d been an mtber – copyright Ligget

😉

jfletch
    Free Member

the course doesn’t get any easier because Froome and Contador aren’t on it

That’s twaddle. It’s like saying it’s no easier to win a game of football if the other team only has 5 players because the goal is still the same size.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Source of frame snap story is French radio, discussion on Twitter on translation and its meaning ie. Cause of crash or a consequence of it.

JCL
    Free Member

So pleased for Nibali. He destroyed them on the cobbles, Froome couldn’t stay upright on wet roads and Contador can’t ride a wet descent. Good to see a guy who can ride a bike rather than just pedal a bike. With the weather set to continue as is I don’t think Contador had much chance. He would have ate shit so many times trying to keep up with Nibali on alpine descents.

The best all-round road cyclist in decades. I hope he wins Worlds too.

anagallis_arvensis

So pleased for Nibali. He destroyed them on the cobbles, Froome couldn’t stay upright on wet roads and Contador can’t ride a wet descent. Good to see a guy who can ride a bike rather than just pedal a bike. With the weather set to continue as is I don’t think Contador had much chance. He would have ate shit so many times trying to keep up with Nibali on alpine descents.

Solid gold stw shite, good effort.

soobalias
    Free Member

fantastic, whatever next.

for those who dont want the race decided by weather and crashes, what do you want to see?

thanks for the extra links, but im still here 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

JCL WTF 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

for those who dont want the race decided by weather and crashes, what do you want to see?

Yep but letting the Lions out is a little cruel.

(still following our commentary?)

edit

mrblobby – Member
    JCL WTF

Would have won on a 29r

jfletch
    Free Member

Froome couldn’t stay upright on wet roads and Contador can’t ride a wet descent.

Or…

Froome got taken out by a freak accident caused by another rider and Contador’s bike broke on him.

soobalias
    Free Member

well if you will make the frame out of biro tubes and then make up the weight with rolled lead……..

starting to wish i had recorded the full saga today – highlights just wont do it.

are there any other highlights programs on either free2view or internets?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Er, racing? You know, riders riding against each other, attacking, counter attacking, catching, chasing, that sort of thing. Don’t worry YouTube is full crash/fail videos to keep you entertained should actual racing break out.

JCL
    Free Member

They crashed because they suck. If it was dry they wouldn’t of crashed but throw in the elements and the watt watchers go down,like sacks if shit.

portlyone

What was AC’s crash like? Any barbed-wire fences, large boulders or bears involved?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No footage, so anyone suggesting what happened is being a little optimistic about their own crash diagnosis skills….

jfletch
    Free Member

They crashed because they suck. If it was dry they wouldn’t of crashed but throw in the elements and the watt watchers go down,like sacks if shit.

mikey3
    Free Member

Cant believe someone is questioning professional cyclists bike control,wonder how fast they can ride their keyboard,only on the internet 😕

JCL
    Free Member

Froome couldn’t stay upright on wet roads and Contador can’t ride a wet descent.
    Or…

Froome got taken out by a freak accident caused by another rider and Contador’s bike broke on him.

Yeah he went down 4 times since the tour started. All other riders faults of course….

Not a chance in hell Contador’s bike broke prior to the crash.

mrblobby
    Free Member

JCL, again, WTF 🙄

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

JCL obvious troll just getting more obvious. Dont waste it.

mattjg
    Free Member

Crashes, and the consequences, are a bad thing, getting hurt shouldn’t be a part of sport, anybody’s job, or (for some people) entertainment.

anagallis_arvensis

Clippity cloppity JCL…you need to up your game.

llama

anyway.

I’m saying Porte for the stage today. It’s typical Sky and Astana have probably forgotten about him

mikewsmith
    Free Member

JCL – Member

Not a chance in hell Contador’s bike broke prior to the crash.
    and again

No footage, so anyone suggesting what happened is being a little optimistic about their own crash diagnosis skills….

A fair few of these “watt watchers” would leave plenty hear standing off road too.

JCL
    Free Member

Cant believe someone is questioning professional cyclists bike control,wonder how fast they can ride their keyboard,only on the internet

You think they all ave the same ability? Did you watch Boom compared to others on stage 5?

Did you see Nibali on the Poggio descent in San Remo?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

JCL the pro…

mikey3 – Member

Cant believe someone is questioning professional cyclists bike control,wonder how fast they can ride their keyboard,only on the internet

Yup, but not worth arguing with pro’s like JCL the internet hard man of riding.

I RIDE PARK!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 361 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 10 – Spectacular Fireworks [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.