Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • TdF spectating: cowbells?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m wondering if in lieu of a cowbell, will it be acceptable to take an old wheel rim and let my son and nephew smack the hell out of it? We’ll be watching from near the top of the Cote de Greetland (climb to m62 before Huddersfield)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m taking my cowbell and making loads of noise. Not sure about a cycling cap too, might leave that one at home.

mintimperial

We’ll be watching from near the top of the Cote de Greetland

Ooo, snap, see you there, I’m the beardy git in a Star Wheelers top with an excitable 6yo boy. Tell you what, I’ll take an old rim to hit too, we can make a stand in case any stuffy old roadies tell us off for breaching one of their their unfathomable arbitrary rules.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ll have two 6 year old boys in tow. See you there!

eddie11
    Free Member

yes that is quite appropriate, as is shouting allezallezallezlallezallezallezallezallez 🙂

I am still waiting to see if any of the roadside responses really rise above polite claps and the odd ‘go-on-lads’. This is Britain afterall.

rOcKeTdOg

No stupid outfits and running along side riders then?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Is there a reason why you cant just use cowbells?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Because we’re not in the Alps with plentifull access to cowbells?

andyl
    Free Member
    Pieface

I fully intend to be the annoying twunt running alongside them shouting allezallezallezallezallezallezallez painted completely yellow on Cotes du Butterubs

My daughter will have a hand pumped air horn.

tenfoot

I am still waiting to see if any of the roadside responses really rise above polite claps and the odd ‘go-on-lads’. This is Britain afterall

There was cheering last time I saw it in the UK. Not bad for the South of England.

binners

I’ll be adopting the francophile approach, spray tanning myself so i look like mahogany, then running alongside them in my budgie smugglers

Hellloooooo laydeez 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ll be adopting the francophile approach, spray tanning myself so i look like mahogany, then running alongside them in my budgie smugglers

You’ve bought a papier mache wild boar specially I hope?

Or perhaps something more yorkshire, a large white?

Bregante

I managed to get hold the CCTV from your practice lap round Rammy last night

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

spray tanning myself so i look like mahogany, then running alongside them in my budgie smugglers

I thought that was a recognised pulling technique in Cheshire?

Tracey

Abigale has got her air horn out for the Cote de Midhopestones. Ive made Katie put the water pistol back but cant argue with her logic that anyone clad in lycra deserves to be sprayed.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Because I don’t have one but I do have an old rim and a spanner

LS
    Free Member

Quite glad now that I picked up a stash of Shimano cowbells from the World CX champs. I can’t stand hearing them when I’m racing myself but if they add to the atmosphere this weekend, what the hell 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I got a cowbell from the singletrack online shop – think it was about £4.99 but they dont have them now…

scuttler

Flip – nearly forgot about my cowbell (fist sized, not bag sized…). Now I’ve dug it out so good to go. Any other considerations?

For those up Holme Moss don’t forget your binoculars to see them come up the valley and in case you’re miles from the roadside.

Camera, sommat to sit on, sommat to eat, brolly for the expected showers, portable DAB radio assuming 5Live/SportsXtra are broadcasting (line of site to Holme Moss…), mankini, white rose flag.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘TdF spectating: cowbells?’ is closed to new replies.