TdF Alp d' Heuz

Home Forum Chat Forum TdF Alp d' Heuz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TdF Alp d' Heuz
  • hammerite

Anywhere will be good to watch, especially as they go past twice.

Lots will say Dutch corner (corner 9) but I think it’s a bit too much of a bunfight!

Last time we went we got our spot (near corner 16) at about 9-10am (when the race was due to come through at about 5pm) and just kept our elbows sharp. Was a great day people watching the crowds heading further up the climb and had some entertainment from Didi.

I’d head up there pretty early (6-7am) as the race will be coming through earlier (1st time) than when we saw the race.

Sue_W

Will be there too 🙂

Not sure exactly where, but if you see a small blonde lass on a bike wearing a Rhos cycling club jersey say Hi!

warton

you’re not Dutch, so don’t go to Dutch corner, especially if you don’t want to run the risk of getting into a fight. The dutch will have been there for 4 days, boozing constantly, by the time the race comes through they are drunk, tired and aggressive 🙂

Any advice on which corner to stand?

How early do people get there? I know about the overnighters but realisticaly how many hours before it’s due thru? Next day out of Bourg is not an issue as it goes right past the camp site.

oddjob

…and dutch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TdF Alp d' Heuz’ is closed to new replies.