• This topic has 89 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by fisha.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Tazers – Stun guns..
  • alexpalacefan

Some interesting thoughts here OP. Might also be useful to the above ^

Explanation of Stereotypes.

APF

RustySpanner

Has Cougar done his ‘No charge’ gag yet?

I’m not paying £100 for one, I know where all the defibrillators are round here.

chip
    Free Member

Hmmm. After 16 years in HMPS I can only actually remember knowing of 2 Polish prisoners.

It was all petty stuff I doubt the police would even bother to attend for never mind charge.
    Thing was they were all hard working you just knew to keep your money in your trouser pocket. Twice I forget to take my wallet out of my coat before taking it off both times at the end of the day it was gone.
    If you caught them nicking they got sacked the rest of the time you just knew to be careful.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thankfully outside the bubble of this forum, most people wouldnt care less that I mentioned the thing that most defines them as a group

tazer sellers?
    Criminals?
    My mistake apparently being Polish is what tells us the most about them 🙄

chip
    Free Member

One time I got home from work without my phone, stupidly thought I had left it at work so did nothing till the next day when it was not there and rang my network to find out that whoever had it ran up £400 in 12 hours on music downloads and calls to Poland. That was a bitter pill to swallow knowing it was one of the people I worked with but not which one.

supercarp

They are not acceptable at all and any place that thinks they are is somewhere to avoid visiting I would suggest.

Taser is a brand name.

They are a section 5 prohibited weapon so there is no lawful reason to have one, like CS spray even having one in the house will get you prosecuted.

Best left well alone

jimjam
    Free Member

supercarp – Member

They are a section 5 prohibited weapon so there is no lawful reason to have one, like CS spray even having one in the house will get you prosecuted.

Yep. If you want a weapon to intimidate or attack people in the UK or Ireland, get a dog.

elzorillo
    Free Member

tazer sellers?
    Criminals?
    My mistake apparently being Polish is what tells us the most about them

🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

The main theme of the OP was the punitive fines for possession being handed out which surprised me.

I thought you didn’t think it was punitive enough?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Bring on your tasers, I am A LEGEND!

MSP

If brexit has taught us anything, it is that calling racists racist hurts their poor ickle feelings.

chip
    Free Member

Bring on your tasers, I am A LEGEND!

The people of Margate, a notoriously ferocious bunch.

trout
    Free Member

Yep. If you want a weapon to intimidate or attack people in the UK or Ireland, get a dog.

right am off to mug and murder folks

elzorillo
    Free Member

If brexit has taught us anything, it is that calling racists racist hurts their poor ickle feelings.

I was under the illusion that being Polish was a nationality rather than a race.

I’m sure that if I was a racist, being called one would inflate my ego rather than insult me. Bet you’re quiet as a mouse face to face.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not me you don’t.

I’m tooled up

funkmasterp

To balance perchy and trout – I’d rather take a taser shot to the eyes and / or balls than face one of these buggers

chip
    Free Member

Give me your phone, wallet and polo mints.

jimjam
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

trout

Not me you don’t.

I’m tooled up[/quote]

I’m guessing the salesperson at the dog shop failed to mention this but there are, how can I put it, slightly more high performance dogs available to you. Or anyone. Almost anyone at all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You wouldn’t be talking that big talk if you were faced with Poppy the Puppy and she thought you had a biscuit.

nealglover
    Free Member

I was under the illusion that being Polish was a nationality rather than a race

I love it when people get pulled up for being a bit erm (whispers) “racist”

Then promptly point out that “whatever” is not actually a race, so they can’t be racist.

Never fails to make me instantly review my opinion and change it accordingly.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’d rather take a taser shot to the eyes and / or balls than face one of these buggers

My old neighbour had three of those beasties.
    They could drown a grown man in slobber in about five minutes. You are right to be scared 😆

sirromj

The people of Margate, a notoriously ferocious bunch.

Hey there’s a gay march here every year we can’t be that bad.

frankconway

£80 fine – punitive?
    Wouldn’t buy you a big night out – as for C&H, forget it.
    If your mates are flogging these at your gym, be a good boy and tell the management.

Poopscoop

Ok, so is a toy light sabre powered by a pp3 illegal or not?

It emits electricity and my lads old one even had the extending sabre.

How did he not get done for 10 years minimum? 😀

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Did they offer you the stun gun at the same time you were purchasing your roids?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So knowing a couple of Polish lads selling them, classes as “the Poles”?

Taser’s under firearms act. So are aerosol cans I think. Or drinks bottles with ammonia in.

maccruiskeen

If your mates are flogging these at your gym, be a good boy and tell the management.

This – they’ll be due their commission.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I love it when people get pulled up for being a bit erm (whispers) “racist”

Then promptly point out that “whatever” is not actually a race, so they can’t be racist.

There was no malice in my original post, it was a concern about the small fines which may encourage others to carry such things. The Poles at the gym are referred to as the poles because they are.. I’m sure they are very proud of being referred to as the poles, I know a lot of them (one of them my son in law) and they are a proud people. I see no difference referring to them as the poles as I do referring to the owners as the owners. It’s simply a term of reference that is a fact. It is people like you who sit there frothing at the mouth, seeing racism everywhere who appear to have an unhinged problem with it. Unfortunately though, outside the realms of this forum, people say things that may make you cry, you’re going to have to learn to live with it because the vast majority wont actually give a damn that it upsets your little feelings. Must be a sad lonely existence though being so obnoxious.

wwaswas

The paper simply reported people fined for possessing them.

(I made an error though.. it was actually £85 fine)

again – link/newspaper name?

natrix
    Free Member

Must be a sad lonely existence though being so obnoxious.

Sounds like you’re talking about yourself to be honest…. :mrgreen:

elzorillo
    Free Member

again – link/newspaper name?

I’m fascinated.. Do you think I’m lying?

If so.. why would I?

nealglover
    Free Member

It is people like you who sit there frothing at the mouth, seeing racism everywhere who appear to have an unhinged problem with it.

:mrgreen: I love it when people let their imagination run away them and make out a perfectly calm and reasoned opinion to be “frothing at the mouth” and “unhinged”

Generally I think it really bolsters an otherwise very weak argument.

taxi25
    Free Member

The OP reffering to Poles as Poles is fine. This is how people actually speak. I might go into the pub and say “do you know what, a polish guy tried to sell me a tazer” are the “Poles living down the road are a good bunch of lads” just normal every day language.
    But £80 fines for possessing a stun gun/tazer ???? A quick google ony shows prison sentences or huge fines.

wwaswas

Do you think I’m lying?

the only reason I’d think someone is lying is if they constantly acknowledge a request without then providing the supporting information.

my original reason for asking way back up there ^ was to try and understand the context of the case and the sentence.

maccruiskeen

The OP reffering to Poles as Poles is fine

It is. But somehow in the context of his first post it all went wrong. Something about nuance maybe. There seems to be a gulf between what he thought he wrote and what everyone else read. Rather than examine what he wrote, understand what that nuance is and clarify what he meant he’s angry at the people who read what he actually wrote and took that to be what he meant.

avdave2

I’m going to ask my mate Pete the Pole if he’s got one he can sell me. The only issue might be that Pete’s Hungarian.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pete the Pole

Wasn’t he the local fireman in Ivor the Engine?

avdave2

Think you’ve be playing too much Beat the Pole perchy

maccruiskeen

Whack-a-Pole

elzorillo
    Free Member

my original reason for asking way back up there ^ was to try and understand the context of the case and the sentence.

There is no context.. just a brief summary in the ‘court results’ of the local paper. As it’s the second time I’ve seen small fines for someone caught recently in possession of a ‘tazer’ and I am aware of the source for the majority of them circulating locally, I thought maybe the law on possession had been relaxed, or that the courts in my area were being unreasonably lenient due to the number of them about atm. My error it seems was not taking into account the sensitivity of some on this site. In my daily life I dont come across people of such a sensitive nature. I dont take kindly to being called a racist.. and people who throw the insult around so freely do an injustice to the word.

ahaa the link… Link

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Tazers – Stun guns..’ is closed to new replies.