• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dh.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tay Forest area
  • carbon337
    Free Member

We have a cheapo/recession holiday booked at Tummel Valley Park in July. There is the mrs, 18month old daughter and me.

I’ve just started cycing with littleun on the bike on a weerider top tube mount rack. Mrs isnt very good but could manage and hour or so.

We are looking for family friendly rides in the immediate and pitlochry area. You know the score gravel tracks etc for a hour or so.

Any tips?

carbon337
    Free Member

nobody?

druidh
    Free Member

My reluctance to respond is a result of your choice to use a Weeride. I wouldn’t, do can’t recommend a suitable ride.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The only thing I can think of is up loch Ordie – up the estate road from dunkeld to the loch, round the loch and back down again. Significant climb tho and the road around the loch is fairly rough -but even out and back to the lodge would be nice and that is all on good gravel road

I suppose you could go up glen tilt a bit as well – again just out and back

carbon337
    Free Member

What’s the issue with the wee ride? I quite like it. Also have a rear carrier seat thing on mrs bike.

Again looking for family gentle rides in Pitlochry area if anyone knows any

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There are some gentle trails in the forest south of Loch Rannoch, and a ride around the loch would be fine on VERY quiet roads. Take the train up to Blair Atholl from Pitlochry and ride back on the riverside path. There are a couple of challenging bits – steps at Killiecrankie – but these are walkable.

Around Faskally might be doable if you’re confident/careful. I’d give it a go with my Bobike Mini and our 16 month old. Just don’t fall into the Tummel!

carbon337
    Free Member

Thanks Tw great help

flowerpower
    Free Member

+1 for round Loch Rannoch. Never tried it with kids, but very quiet roads, good views and little ‘beach’ areas if you want to stop and play!

Murr
    Free Member

you can try the path from Aberfeldy to Kenmore that runs along the side of the river Tay and around the grounds of Tay mouth castle, you can then spend time at the beach in Kenmore and the crannog centre is on the south side of the loch 1 mile from Kenmore, thats a good wee run, try Kevin at escape route in Pitlochry he may help you out happy holidays.

carbon337
    Free Member

shameless last minute bump for ideas

dh
    Free Member

plenty of ideas here:

clickme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tay Forest area’ is closed to new replies.