Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • tattoo sleeves. where did you stop?
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

Cultural appropriation is one of those weasel words that is used by SJW’s to try and push faux offense and piss faced moralism.
    Read this. Full of examples of post modernist horseshit. Luckily the wikipedia editors can see through this and present a pretty good summary of what CA really is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation

thestabiliser
    Free Member

my mate has a tigers head with no ears

Properly crying with laughter 😆

Cougar

People with tattoos are treated differently by many people – as this thread has demonstrated.

Not seeing that as a downside if I’m honest. There’s an argument for getting a tattoo just so as I can automatically be isolated from judgemental people who I’ve no desire to spend any time with.

It’s a bit like at work. You always get folk who power-dress, who believe they can advance their career by looking good. And perhaps it works, who knows. Me, I can’t be bothered with all that nonsense; if people judge me on how I look, that’s their loss. I’d rather my career was founded on being good at it, and it can be a benefit to be underestimated.

Apologies for the tangent.

finbar
    Free Member

*sigh*

Not even close. Go and read up on what cultural appropriation actually means before arguing a case you obiously know nothing about. And FWIW in my next paragraph I pretty much said it was all a load of bull anyway.

😆

You wrote it, and made the same point again below. It’s not for me to unpick your attempts at using sociology buzzwords to impress us all into agreeing.

was talking about the cultural appropriation and how in this instance you can’t just give it up and go back to being a homogeneous white privileged member of society unlike, say, dreadlocks. Not without lots of laser treatment at any rate.

yunki
    Free Member

On the most basic level, people get tattoos to look tough, or at the very least to show that they are tough enough to handle the pain..
    It’s a right of passage, a self proclaimed badge of honour, and getting a sleeve or whatever just shows that you have that little bit more to prove to yourself..

Anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves on..

I got my first tattoo 25 years ago and my sleeves and full backpiece were finished about 15 years later..
    ‘ard as **** maaate 🙂

dbcooper
    Free Member

The thing is I don’t even like tattoos, but that’s like saying I don’t like red shoes, they are not to my taste, so bloody what. I will defend the right of anyone else to get tatoos or wear red shoes if they want.

PS more on cultural appropriation
    http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/art-design/2015/10/defence-cultural-appropriation

igm

I don’t have tattoos because with the freckles/moles I’ve got it would look like join the dots.

M6TTF
    Free Member

started out with a shoulder piece, which ended up being a half sleeve, not down to the elbow though, and only shows if i want it to. As for them being fashionable – maybe. Id say they’re just far more common and less frowned upon.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i dont care how much they cost (tattoos), they are great value.
    well they make me laugh anyway.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

(loddrik – Member
    I think you should probably stop at the door of the tattooists…

And calling people with tattoo sleeves. Please post pics so I/we can laugh and I can show them to my kids then they can laugh too.

Can’t beat a funny cautionary tale…)

I really hope your kids come home covered in the one day so we can laugh back haha

bigyim
    Free Member

Wow. 3 pages and about 4 or 5 actual answers.
    It seems a tattoo is the stw Marmite

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

….incidentally, the above tattoo is done by the very talented Calum Stewart.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Wow. 3 pages and about 4 or 5 actual answers.

Someone got banned during the last tattoofest thread….for saying he wouldn’t employ someone with Tats! 😕

kimbers

I really hope your kids come home covered in the one day so we can laugh back haha

I just hope they don’t grow up to be as judgemental and bigoted as their dad 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

You wrote it, and made the same point again below. It’s not for me to unpick your attempts at using sociology buzzwords to impress us all into agreeing.

Actually I was going along with Konabunnys statement about appropriating the shit out of the Siberian tattoos but never mind.

I thought two explanations would suffice but the remaining special cases and hard of thinking:

I WAS TAKING THE **** PISS.

Honestly, I wasn’t even being particularly subtle about it…

bigyim
    Free Member

finbar
    Free Member

Actually I was going along with Konabunnys statement about appropriating the shit out of the Siberian tattoos but never mind.

I thought two explanations would suffice but the remaining special cases and hard of thinking:

I WAS TAKING THE **** PISS.

Honestly, I wasn’t even being particularly subtle about it…

😳 too subtle for me clearly!

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘tattoo sleeves. where did you stop?’ is closed to new replies.