Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tarp/basha advice
  • gsm7
    Free Member

Hi, I’m after a decent tarp for one or two people. Pack size and weight as low as possible… Any recommendations?
    Thanks

johnnystorm

Sports direct/Field & Trek knocking out Terra Nova tarps pretty cheaply. Two models, pricier one is a bit lighter. The cheaper one that I added guys, pegs and fibreglass pole to weighed in at 600gms. Ditch the pole and use your bike to save on that. 🙂

yorlin
    Free Member

Alpkit Rig 7!

Packs up wee, and has a lot of the loop doohickeys!

thebrowndog
    Free Member

+1 for the Terra Nova tarps at Field and Trek. Also look at DD Hammocks. Not the lightest but very robust and extremely waterproof.

somafunk

I recently bought an Alpkit Rig 7 in kelp and a twin set of the 110mm BareBones bikepacking DAC ultralite tarp poles, However a week later i also bought a Six Moons Designs Lunar Solo and to be honest i doubt i’ll be using a tarp till next summer so you can have the whole cabododle if you consider it’s the sort of thing you’re after, the alpkit tarps are pretty well regarded due to the additional fixing points.

The tarp cost £50 and the Dac poles cost £44.60 – all unused as i’ve decided i’ll be using my Lunar solo for the foreseeable future so you can have tarp and poles for £90 posted, I’ll include 4 alpkit Titanium V’ Pegs, 4 alpkit candy cane alloy pegs and 4 Alpkit Titanium T-Pins for the ultimate tarp set up, I’ve also got a brand new unused Alpkit Hunka bivvy bag in black you could have for an extra £20.

gsm7
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful. Will look into those options…

composite
    Free Member

+1 for Rig7.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Hi Soma …how much for just the tarp ?. Very interested

somafunk

Sorry singlecrack, i’d only really consider selling it as an entire tarping caboodle, i don’t “really” want to sell it as i’d use it next year but it was only offered as i think Alpkit are out of the Rig7, and i’m currently going through a Lunar solo tent appreciation period so i thought i’d offer it up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tarp/basha advice’ is closed to new replies.