Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Tarantino
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Ouch!

http://www.channel4.com/news/quentin-tarantino-im-shutting-your-butt-down

Will still be going to see his new movie though, can’t wait!!!

Pook

comes across as a bit of a nob tbh. Like the Alex Jones v Piers Morgan interview the other day, his inability to answer the question confidently manifests itself in frustration and petty attacks on the interviewer.

allthepies
    Free Member

All good PR for the film though.

passtherizla
    Free Member

He came across as a total dick.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought Krishnan came across as a dick, personally.
    Oh I’m so smart cos I work for a “NEWS” programme, not a silly little “MOVIE” programme, so you should answer MY serious questions.

D0NK

if he’d have said “I’ve been interviewed many times about violent movies and I feel my position is clear, it’s not something I want to go over again today” (which I think is what he was saying) and if Krishnan continued then he could have come out with shutting you butt down, as it is he does come across as being unable to answer the question and has a bit of a petulant tantrum.

igrf
    Free Member

Hmm, I thought the opposite I thought he (Krishnan) handle the dick quite well, he is such an egotistical prick, I’ve always hated him and his bloody awful movies. Inglorious Basterd about sums him up.

DezB
    Free Member

The question seemed to hit a nerve and got Tarantino wound up- you could hear it in his voice. I think it’s a pretty stupid question anyway. But it made for a fun interview.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like one eejit interviewing another.

joao3v16
    Free Member

He came across as a total dick.

He always does.

Junkyard
    Free Member

liking his hair – did he get it from MC Cartney?

Struck me a bit like how Brad is when he is asked about drugs – so sick of being asked he gets a bit ranty as he ha smade his view clear so many times

I dont think Tarantino was too OTT tbh and the interviewer should have moved on sooner.

yunki
    Free Member

uncomfortable viewing, I don’t think any less of either of them though.. I think igrf has come out of this worst IMO

😉

In fact, I’m not sure that anyone has a right to brand an uptight emotionally unstable person as a ‘dick’ as others have here.. seems a bit narrow minded to me

A lot of you guys probably have to deal with a range of folk and so are used to a broad bland manner of engagement.. I guess a lot of creative geniuses surround themselves with the type of folk they enjoy, and so aren’t necessarily used to dumbing down for the masses..

he looks like the type of guy that finds not screaming quite a challenge

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

KGM I thought was quite dignified actually, QT will be far more used to the stagemanaged, fawning US interviewers.

QT’s movies are very popular and very violent, he clearly can’t articluate a defence of his own actions which is sad cause he is capable of making great movies. – Inglorius Basterds aside which was utter gash.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

bloody awful movies

But, but, but.. what about Pulp Fiction? 🙁

binners

Tarantino, right from the off, has always come across as a complete twonk!

He’s made some absolutely blinding films though, and this looks like another one, so who cares? Apart from the type of people who can sit though an entire Newsnight Review without wanting to slowly torture everyone involved in its continued existence

fervouredimage
    Free Member

The interview seemed charged from the start to be honest. I don’t know what went before the clip but there is a tone all the way through where QT seems like he is on the defensive and the question about violence and real life just tipped him over.

KGM often has a condescending manner about him anyway, and certainly did in that interview I thought. Maybe QT picked up on that.

DezB
    Free Member

bloody awful movies

Hey, they’re never going to appeal to Paul Feig fans 😉

D0NK

QT’s movies are very popular and very violent,

how are you grading violence? 1 gruesome ear cutting torture scene compared to a death toll in the hundreds, some bond movies resulted in a lot of dead baddies, don’t remember anyone blaming ian fleming for inciting gun violence

(admittedly QTs films seem to have gone into higher mortality rates now)

brakes
    Free Member

Tarantino has a point. He just wants to promote his movie. But then he should have expected some questions about links to violence as it’s a hot topic in the US, so he should have had a stock response to roll out and shut down any further probing.
    I expect it was the 20th interview he’d done that day and the 20th time he’d been asked about links to violence.
    Got a bit bored of his movies recently.

hora
    Free Member

Is there a link with gaming/violent movies and the proliferation of guns?

OF COURSE THERE **** IS. Its not just nutjobs that mow down 20+ kids events in schools every so often. Every single day there are countless shooting/deaths in America. Of course Tarantino should answer the question properly. It has relevance.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3b2dH6n3Qg[/video]

This is quite an interesting interview, some decent questions from an interview who obviously is a huge fan, but the best bit is about 14 mins in with Samuel L Jackson.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Lot of certainty there hora. Based on what?

higgo
    Free Member

Lot of certainty there hora. Based on what?

He knows more than we do.
    Face it and move on.

drlex
    Free Member

Not watched the interview, but have seen Django Unchained- both funny & upsetting. Great acting, esp. by Christopher Walz (QT’s cameo is his best yet, but still woefully poor). Recommended.

Junkyard
    Free Member

1 gruesome ear cutting torture scene

That is how good he is the ear cut off is not done on screen but no one remembers this.
    Are they any more violent than a western or a war movie from 40 years ago?

OF COURSE THERE **** IS

The wild west so much more peaceful largely because TV and films had not been invented

whatnobeer
    Free Member

OF COURSE THERE **** IS.

?

IHN

I think he’s a bit Emperor’s New Clothes.

Pulp Fiction was alright. Admittedly I’ve (somehow) never seen Reservoir Dogs. However, I thought Kill Bill was some of the most pretentious w@nkery that it’s ever been my misfortune to watch.

D0NK

However, I thought Kill Bill was some of the most pretentious w@nkery that it’s ever been my misfortune to watch

I didn’t like it, assumed you had to like the genre and have seen loads of old films to get a load of references/in jokes.

That is how good he is the ear cut off is not done on screen but no one remembers this.

yeah a lot of stuff happens off screen but you still know what’s going on and people still get offended/go all queasy

D0NK

several countries have lots of guns* without americas level of gun crime, millions of people play/watch violent movies/games and don’t feel the need to pop a cap in yo ass. Think there may be other reasons.

*but yeah I still think less guns is a good move

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pulp Fiction was alright. Admittedly I’ve (somehow) never seen Reservoir Dogs. However, I thought Kill Bill was some of the most pretentious w@nkery that it’s ever been my misfortune to watch.

Everything he’s ever done, maybe with the exception of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have been genre pieces, made up from scenes and camera angles/shots often ripped straight from their source material. He’s a massive film geek and all of his films reflect that. He can get a bit too far up his own arse at times and his films could often be tighter (except Jackie Brown, that really is a masterpiece imo) but they’re always entertaining. I guess he’s a bit Marmite?

binners

On your basis then Hora, next time anyone gets pulled for speeding, they can legitimately blame Lewis Hamilton?

DezB
    Free Member

I guess he’s a bit Marmite?

The best things always are (except Marmite).

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s a very old point but I think that it’s still relevant, that some people will be susceptible to violence they see in images, films, video games etc and may as a result act out what they see but these are people who would have been inclined to act out violence regardless.

Do we have an outright ban on screen violence on the basis that some people who are already inclined to act out violenty may possibly act out something they have seen on screen?

philconsequence
    Free Member

outright ban on the general public voicing uneducated and poorly formed opinions, that’s what makes me feel violent.

hora
    Free Member

On your basis then Hora, next time anyone gets pulled for speeding, they can legitimately blame Lewis Hamilton?

Taking your strangled-analogy.
    If I’ve just watched The Fast and the Furious in the cinema, really enjoyed it and jumped into my Mums Vauxhall Corsa to drive home would I drive that bit quicker?

DezB
    Free Member

Is that QT’s answer?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

If I’ve just watched The Fast and the Furious in the cinema, really enjoyed it and jumped into my Mums Vauxhall Corsa to drive home would I drive that bit quicker?

If you were an idiot possibly yes.

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t mean Hora’s post 😕

AlexSimon

(except Jackie Brown, that really is a masterpiece imo)

Yes, that’s my favourite too – although it got a bit of a mixed reception at the time.

It was interesting him talking about boxers and ‘my time’, etc. I didn’t like Inglorious Basterds at all. Not one little bit. It will be interesting to watch this one to see if my assumption that he’s on a downward curve is true.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If we’ve just watched Brokeback mountain in the cinema, really enjoyed it and jumped into my Mums Vauxhall Corsa to drive home would I get home without experiencing man love?

Perhaps just a quick fumble eh ?

Thats your logic and its deeply flawed

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Tarantino’ is closed to new replies.