Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tapering advice
  • scotabroad

Doing a century and maybe 125ml/ 200km on 1st of May as solo personal challenge/ fund raiser.  Currently doing 1/1.5hr hard as poss/ interval/ hilly ride tuesday, steady 2hr ride thursday, and long steady ride weekend 75/85 mile and will do another similar week like that next week.

Any advice for last two weeks before event – told to keep riding but ease off a bit in last two weeks to maintain fitness but aid recovery.

Its not a race or anything just want to be in good form to enjoy it and hopefully stretch to 125ml/ 200k.

Cheers

S

jonba
    Free Member

I’d keep riding the same days.This would work for me.

Tue – normal
    Thu – normal
    Weekend – same intensity drop to 50miles
    Tue – same intensity much shorter. Maybe 45min with a bit of easy.
    Thu – hour easy

In general I reduce the volume slightly but not completely. Keeping the same intensity is ok for shorter time periods unless it leaves you sore/stuff the day after.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You’re over thinking this a bit with regards to tapering, it’s not a race with a targeted performance objective you’re lining up, it’s a long ride on your own.

Take it easy the week before, but have a decent steady spin out on the Wednesday and that’ll do ya, it’s more important you don’t eat like shit the day before.

trailwagger
    Free Member

^^ This

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tapering advice’ is closed to new replies.