Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tapered headtubes?
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Dumb questiontime!

Are they all the same length? Or do they come in a variety of lengths?

watsontony
    Free Member

yea dumb question….. different lenths

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Thats what I thought.

eBay seller full of cr@p then…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Can anyone do me a favour and measure their tapered headtube length please?

STATO
    Free Member

can you not just look at some websites? gaint, on-one etc. seem quite short, my Salsa is 120mm, thats a Large tho, other sizes are…er… other sizes.

d45yth
    Free Member

You also need to take the type of headset into account…some will have inset, external cup or a mix of those.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Thats a dumber question than the first one, hang your head in shame!

watsontony
    Free Member

just ask him what bike the forks have come off. do some research to find out the ht length. then compare to yours….. but like d45yth says you need to take headset type into account

robarnold
    Free Member

Thats a dumber question than the first one, hang your head in shame!

What Duggie style said. What next? Measure our gear cable length?

Pedantry aside…all tapered head tubes are different in length depending on the model and size of bike. Are you after the internal sizes for headset compatibility?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

[shame]

Sorry.

d45yth
    Free Member

😀 What is it you’re trying to do/buy/find out? If you say what that is, someone might be able to help you more.

acidchunks

STATO
    can you not just look at some websites? gaint, on-one etc. seem quite short, my Salsa is 120mm, thats a Large tho, other sizes are…er… other sizes.

The head tube on my Wanga is also 120mm 😕

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Looking at a VERY cheap frame on eBay to fit some tapered talas forks with a 205mm steerer. Fitted my old trek fine but wanted to make sure that I’m not wasting money on something that will be useless.

Frame is a voodoo wanga. EBay seller has responded that HT is 120mm “industry standard” ( which, as you lot have said, apparently isn’t as my spicy is 130mm)

So assuming I win it I can fit a zero stack headset and still have some spacer space left?

watsontony
    Free Member

you should be fine with a 205mm steerer

acidchunks

Is it the 2011-12 wanga?

I’ve got one in front of me.

Without taking it out my steerer is approx 200mm and I’ve got 25mm of spacers and almost 10mm in the top section of the fsa acb headset edit (which is zero stack at the bottom end)

if nothing else the seller can use a tape measure correctly 😉

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Acidchucnks. Yeah 2011.

Very helpful. Thanks a lot!!

acidchunks

you’re welcome 🙂

btw, if its the ebay listing I found, there is no rrp for this frame as it can’t be bought separately, only as a complete bike so the £399 quoted is BS.

Also I can only see pictures of the right side of the frame, the left could be scratched to fark

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tapered headtubes?’ is closed to new replies.