Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tange infinity tubing?
  • si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

For 09 Brodie bikes have a new hard tail made with Tange infinity tubing, and this got me thinking about an orange i had a few years ago that i seem to remember was made from tange tubing? Just wondering why Tange tubing is no longer used for bikes, was it a cost issue or something else?

Anyway i’m looking forward to getting my hands on our first Tange framed bikes to see if it rides like i remember!

mrmo
    Free Member

do you see many steel bikes? I think that has a large part to play. Oh and Reynolds did a blinding marketing job with 853.

My current road bike in True Temper Platinum OX, I know Columbus and Dedadaccia also offer tube sets that match 853 yet they don’t really exist either. Tange is still around but is no longer flavour of the month. I remember when Prestige was “the” tube set, or if you wanted really light you got a Ritchey tubeset, which i believe was just fancy Tange.

sc-xc

My Duster is Tange Infinity.

mAx_hEadSet

I’ve still got a 1989 Scott here with Infinity, I would have thought it more 541 than 853 was always found on mid range bikes.. Prestige was the stuff the gods bikes was made of.

I would imagine its demise was it became stupidly expensive and therefore forgotten about during one of the periods the yen shot through the roof of the currency markets, ti would probably have been cheaper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tange infinity tubing?’ is closed to new replies.