Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tandem stoker adapter for children
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen adapter kits to fit a raised crankset on the seat tube of the stokers position to allow children to pedal in time with the captain. However I haven’t found anything since. Any help, please? This is for a tandem not a tagalong.

jeff

I spent a lot of my childhood stoking with kiddie cranks!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Fantastic that’s spot on, thanks @ac282

turboferret

I spend many years on the back of a tandem as my family did most short journeys by bike. When we were too short for kiddie cranks my dad made little stilt adaptor things – basically another set of pedals bolted to the ones fitted to the cranks, but with some spacers made from stainless tubing. Was pretty effective, although if we took our feet out of our toeclips and let the pedals droop then they could ground on the floor with interesting results 😀

The SJS Cyles adaptor looks like a solution with less potential jeopardy involved!

slowol

Do you already have a tandem? If not then is a kiddyback tandem or a Circe which caters for stokers from child to adult a better solution? If you already have the tandem then SJS or JD Tandems are probably the best bets for kiddy cranks.
    JD Tandems link -> https://tandems.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tandem stoker adapter for children’ is closed to new replies.