Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Tallboy LTc – it's here !
  • singlespeedstu

Aye I was told the last to arrive would be the black ones in large – guess what I ordered….

Same as me by the sound of it.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ssstu….as you’ve ridden both and have a Yelli Screamy ………which is closest to the Yelli but with rear suspension ??
    I really like the geometry and handling of my Yelli so to have that but with rear suspension would be ossum. 😆

singlespeedstu

Neither of them are like the Yelli…

Their chainstays are too long for that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pop-larkin
    Free Member

Stu- totally off topic but what size is your gryphon?

NZCol

What made you ‘upgrade’ from the standard tallboy (albeit now the cracked one) to the LT version

Right from the second ride on my Tallboy i said that it would be an epic all rounder if it was slightly slacker and had a wee bit more travel. I ran mine with 100mm forks for racing mainly but it also coped with general riding, the flegere downhill course in lyrca which seemed to annoy a few people and quite a few hardcore backcountry trips. So when the sc rep here told me the lt was incoming i didn’t even think twice. I rode it last night for an hour and half on some wet slippy rocky steep stuff and it is incredible.

In good news SC have also agreed to replace the old TB so I think i will keep that as well !

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’m keeping the Yelli then …. 8)

camerone
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu – same shop same situation for me. Large black not arriving on Friday…….
    Three weeks or so I understand ….
    What wheels are you putting on it? I fancy cross max slr but are they strong enough?..?? Weight 12 st

paulevans
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu/Camerone

Had the call today from 2 wheels – mine’s coming in this Friday (in yellow) 🙂 I wasn’t specific about colour when i ordered having seen both I would have been happy with either.

Only problem i’ve got now is getting down to collect it, what with living up here in the Lakes. Looks as if i’m gonna have to wait until next weekend 😥

As for wheels, half tempted by some Easton Haven that CRC are doing at 1/2 price.

camerone
    Free Member

Paulevans, not the same one who worked in brum dtz and I used to ride with when he had a cannon dale raven ?
    I looked at the carbon havens but qr front only which is lucky as I was tempted but the hubs are shoot I heard….

martinh
    Free Member

I’m guessing the LTc rides a lot like my Tracer 29 but lighter and stiffer. The lighter part will make it a much better, all be it more expensive, all round trail bike.

If I could find anywhere stocking the Easton Haven rear axle kits I’d snap up the cheap Havens at CRC. A perfect match. The front is easily upgradable to 15mm thru too.

singlespeedstu

Only problem i’ve got now is getting down to collect it, what with living up here in the Lakes. Looks as if i’m gonna have to wait until next weekend

You want me to go in and collect it for you?
    I could even build it up with some of my kit and make sure it rides ok. 😆

paulevans
    Free Member

Camerone, yep one and the same! How’s life treating you?

Looks as if my wife will be collecting the bike from Andy on Saturday!! Can’t wait!

camerone
    Free Member

Paul,
    Piccies and report as soon as please. I have to wait. Mind you mine won’t look like a tonka toy 😉

m_t_b
    Free Member

I tried an LT Tallboy against an SB95 and went with the SB95 its worth considering if you are looking for something with agility and big hit capability. Normally I am SC all the way.

singlespeedstu

Bad show.
    We want pictures of your big yellow one. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Tallboy LTc – it's here !’ is closed to new replies.