Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tall socks for MTB
  • j2b2
    Free Member

Went for a technical ride yesterday that helped me realise how much space there is for me to improve 🙂
    Picked up a fair few new bruises and scratches. One thing I wast thinking would be useful for next time is longer socks that come up to my knee pads – does anyone have any suggestions for a pair with good material that offers some protection and yet are not too sweaty etc?
    Thanks!

martinhutch

Sealskinz knee length? Never noticed them being that sweaty.

st

I’d suggest going to an outdoor shop and look at walking style socks, here you see thin, thick
    etc and options that are plenty long enough.

hora
    Free Member

Football or Rugby socks from discount sports shops. I bought a pair of Nike plain black ones cheep.

nickjb
    Free Member

Football socks here. Decent ones are made from tech fabric so are wicking, they are also tougher than normal socks.

mahalo

Any crew length socks from sockguy. I love sockguy socks. I have some for riding in and some I keep just for knocking about in. They never slip, never too hot or too cold, don’t cost much and come in a kabillion designs.

towzer

I use more mile long running socks (normal long socks – not thick or padded), and Norfolk Bekele socks (ditto) – see ebay, I prefer the norfolks as they are easier to get on off. Mainly stops nettles and helps with brambles

Also have sealskins for winter (warmer, thicker, more protection), see also ex army goretex mvp socks on ebay

and football socks as above. Probably OT/daft but you can get small wendy ball shin pads.

TiRed

A decent pair of black merino socks. I have some Chrome OTC ones that are excellent and fit Over The Calf well. Any outdoor shop should have long socks.

twisty

Good for not being sweaty would be some compression running socks although those might get cut up a bit by brambles etc.

antigee

on one merino and mtfu the gap 8)

alexpalacefan

I have some orienteering socks for just such an occassion.
    Have a reinforced cordura panel on the shin

APF

martinhutch

I have some orienteering socks for just such an occassion.
    Have a reinforced cordura panel on the shin

Who knew such a thing existed? Can they protect against getting a shin-ful of pedal pins?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tall socks for MTB’ is closed to new replies.