Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tall men: Audi A1 or Mini ONE?
  • maccruiskeen

Booking a hire car for a long road trip. Special offers to be had on an A1 (5 door) or a Mini one (3 door)

Given that I’m a fully grown adult sized human (6’6″) which am I going to be more comfy in?

loddrik
    Free Member

Minis are surprisingly roomy in the front as long as you don’t expect to use the rear seats.

boblo
    Free Member

Shame you’ll have to change your sexual orientation to make full use of either….. 😉

maccruiskeen

Shame you’ll have to change your sexual orientation to make full use of either…..

What – change it again? 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Given the uncomfy seats in my TT, I’d go for the Mini.

allthegear
    Free Member

Not sure if it is at all useful but…

I dive a Skoda Fabia which is basically an Audi A1 for those of us with a Yorkshire upbringing. I’m 6’2″ (yes, really) and there’s plenty of room.

TBH, though, I’ve also driven a Mini before and found it fine.

Rachel

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and had my head on the roof of a Mini I sat in

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They have height adjustable seats Rosss – I’m 6’3 and plenty of room the the Mrs’ Cooper S R53.

maccruiskeen

I’m 6’2″

I’m 6ft

I’m 6’3

You’ve all still got some growing to do 😀

samuri
    Free Member

We have a 6’7″ guy at work who drives a TT. It’s not funny at all in any way.

Anyway, we’ve had 4, 6′ blokes in a mini cooper while it was being driven at pace round a race track. Seemed to be fine.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The mini has reasonably firm ride not so great on rough roads, on nicely surfaced roads they are great fun. I’m 6ft had no problem with room but I did have the seat into pretty much its lowest position.

maccruiskeen

It’s not funny at all in any way.

I knew a classic car dealer when I lived up near inverness and when I would pop into his show room he was always encouraging me to try cars on for size, mostly to demonstrate that tall guys weren’t what the designers of the Lamborghini Urraco had in mind. One day for a laugh we decided to see if I could squeeze into an MG midget – and I could, just. I was sitting in it thinking I could maybe remodel the seat brackets and get just enough room to drive it comfortably while he explained that cars like the ones he sold were all about making that first impression. Some other customers arrived for a browse and while they looked on I tried to get out of the MG again. It took about 5 minutes and looked like a giraffe being born. And hurt it, I was limping for a few days afterwards. First impression made.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tall men: Audi A1 or Mini ONE?’ is closed to new replies.