Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tall Dirty Disco riders?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Anyone 6’3″+ riding an on one Dirty Disco?

The 58cm sounds like it should be long enough compared to my current cx frame but I’m slightly wary ofthe small stated size (eg 58 rather than 60 or 62 that I’d have expected) as I know that measurements aren’t always accurate…

Pics (of the bikes!) and your vital stats would be great.

TIA

shaggy

I ride a 56 DD, which is a size smaller than I would have expected. Let me know if you want any measurements and I can sort them out.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks Shaggy. I guess it’d be useful if you could measure the ett so I can compare to the quoted geo.

shaggy

I just took a look. Obviously hard to measure to a mm but it is very close to the stated value. I measured at about 562/563mm, vs quoted of 561.9mm. I measured at the top of the headset rather than top of the frame.

Dansk1

Does anyone have standover measurements for the DD? Trying to translate MTB sizes and geometry isn’t easy.

shaggy

Standover is ~815mm in the centre of the top-tube on mine with big ish Bontrager tyres.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks Shaggy. surprised that I’m only looking at a size bigger than you. I guess maybe you like it long 😉

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I’m 6’3″ and ride a 56 (bought off ChunkyMTB from the classifieds as it happens) and it fits me fine, though he may have fitted a longer stem than was originally specced. More upright than my road bike, but it’s all good. Lovely bike, springier than my more expensive Wilier! Just hate the SRAM groupset.

clubber
    Free Member

got any pics?

clubber
    Free Member

No pics of any tall riders’ DDs?

shaggy

Mine is in bits but you are welcome to a look at it if you are about? Drop me a email if you want.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks mate but I really want to see some really big ones. Given that the geo is 2cm shorter on seat and head tubes than my current bike I’m concerned that I’ll end up with a silly stack of spacers.

timbur
    Free Member

Try Napalm on here.
    He’s about 6’2” IIRC and rides a DD and likes it a lot.
    Tim

clubber
    Free Member

bump for the daytime crowd

Napalm
    Free Member

Hi Clubber,

I’m 6’2″ with a 33″ inside leg & I ride an XL DD at 58″ with a 110mm stem & an in-line seat post.
    It’s really comfortable and I could play with a layback or a defferent stem but it fits ‘just right’ as it is.
    I’m in Brighton if you’re ever around to swing your leg over it.
    Cheers

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for that – don’t suppose you have a pic of it, do you?

timbur
    Free Member

What? you want pics of Simons 33” legs?
    Sick [shakes head] just sick.

😆

Napalm
    Free Member

Clubber,

Pls mail me (addy in profile) & I’ll mail pics tomorrow. Bike that is; the legs are all for Tim. 😛

timbur
    Free Member

😳

clubber
    Free Member

YGM.

timbur – parental disapproval head shake at you 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tall Dirty Disco riders?’ is closed to new replies.