Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TalkTalk compensation
  • RicB

I'll try to keep this one as short as possible.

Switched from TT (just broadband, no phone) to BT in Feb 2010. TT kept billing me in March and April. I called mid-april to ask why I was billed in March, they said it was to cover Feb and the account was definitely cancelled. I still got billed end of April.

Formal complaint made in May, letter received saying they admitted messing up and apologising and refunded the 2 months subscription.

Then I start receiving letters and phone calls from their billing dept chasing £16.25 I owe them (no idea where this figure came from). Spoke to them over the phone twice to explain the situation, still kept getting calls.

Another formal complaint to their second level CS team, another reply saying they apologise profusely and I owe them no money. This chap also stated he had no idea where the £16.25 figure came from.

Still keep getting calls, at least one daily from their billing dept.

CAB and ConsumerDirect advised I speak to OTEL (arbitration scheme), which I've done. OTEL says it's clear cut and I should ask for compensation

The question is – how much? I really have no idea and want to be reasonable. But I reckon I've spend 6hrs sorting this out so I'm planning to demand £300 (£50/hr)

Does that sound reasonable?

glenh
    Free Member

I had exactly the same issue with talk talk.

They kept billing me for 6 months after I closed my account with them. This was despite me repeatedly calling and them telling me my account was definitely closed!
    Eventually cancelled my direct debit and then they called me to say they couldn't take my money and would cut me off!

Anyway, I eventually got my money back from them, but it took some time. Never asked for compensation though, just my money back.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Exactly the same as me.

I took names and kept dates of everyone I spoke to and got my money back shortly after I made a huge itemised letter of complaint.

I was so sick of the shower of **** that I didn't bother pursuing compensation.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bintangman
    Free Member

This felt like I had written it. The only difference is they threatened by wife with a £80 disconnection fee and then swiftly backtracked when challenged. Had my wife in tears several times. Advised we had been disconnected twice and apparently not actioned. Rude, offensive and I swore never to use any business linked to them in the future. ended up writing to the home address of a director, but no response.

My wife ended up paying the equivalent £16 to get them off her back, but this eventually refunded by their UK based complaints team.

Based on my experience I think you will struggle to get compensation (not because you aren't due it, just its Talk talk).

Personally, if I had the choice of continued communication to obtain compensation or just cut my ties, I'd cut my ties. I'm a pretty relaxed bloke but TT were truely appalling.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The first thing i tend to do when i change supplier is cancel the DD once i know im fully paid up, that way they cant take the money and can **** right orf.

bintangman
    Free Member

The first thing i tend to do when i change supplier is cancel the DD once i know im fully paid up, that way they cant take the money and can **** right orf.

We did that, and they send us a further fee and chasers for having to pay outside of DD!!!! What comes around goes around I think with things like this. The fact they made BT look good says a lot.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I had similar with Orange, long complicated tale but they couldn't provide broadband, I was at the end of 12 month contract, they wanted paying for eveything, termination of service, MAC code, notice period (been without service for 6 weeks at this point) blah blah blah.

I cancelled DD when they said they couldn't fix their server fault and reinstate my broadband, and let them chase me. Eventually got someone in CS to write off whatever they thought I owed them, got 1 "pay up or else" type letter, ignored it, and they went away!

DezB
    Free Member

Good old Talk Talk eh.
    I wrote this a couple of weeks ago http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/talktalk-salesmen-hard-sell

They actually sent another couple of salesmen round last night! They didn't stay long and needless to say they didn't get in the door this time 😈

ourmaninthenorth

I'm seeing the CEO of TT next week. I'll raise these issues with her.

RicB

Thanks guys:-)

Because the matter has remained unresolved after 8 weeks and I have followed TT complaints procedure to the letter, the independent OTEL arbitration scheme (gov funded) can force TT to pay compensation, hence why I'm asking.

I'm not owed any money – they agreed straight away they'd overcharged me and refunded the full amount. Nobody seems to know where this £16 then came from.

Might write to one of the financial journos at the Daily Wail too, in the hope that might get TT to sort this out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TalkTalk compensation’ is closed to new replies.