Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Talking of dream bikes, someone dreamt this up (eBay content)
  • desperatebicycle

Pass my shades, I’m going for a ride
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115603660331

I’ve got a yellow Flite in the garage that would go beautifully on that 🤔

Surely it’s actually worth more than they’re asking with some of those immaculate retro parts on there!

I used to call mine rastabike, but it had a bit more yellow, orange and red on it then (nothing like that one though) – I’ve toned it down a bit now. This is the current look

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/T59F6AN5Eq]DSC00400[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

desperatebicycle

Old Kona hardtails are so nice. Wouldn’t mind a set of those Manitous for my retro Fisher Sugar too. Quality kit from yesteryear 👍😊

The bike is ’97, the forks are 2000 X-vert Supers (slightly long for the Kona @ 105mm, but it rides fine) – the elastomers (they are spring and eleastomer) must be shot, couldn’t get a sevice kit over a decade ago. But they still work – at least well enough for what I use the bike for. There’s a grease port on the back of the legs, which has undoubtedly helped

smiffy

I’ve swapped elastomers for Leffe corks before.

finbar
    Free Member

Old Kona hardtails are so nice.

Until they snap by the dropout, I’ve done two and I only weigh 65kg 🙁

dyna-ti

Ghastly.

toby

3 x 8 speed drivetrain… with no front mech.

He’s got another similar bike, possibly even more colourful with the yellow Sachs not-gripshifts.

Also selling two Klein Mantras, there’s a bike I’ve not seen for a while.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Is Mr Tumble selling his bike?

cookeaa

I quite like it TBH, my 90s Kona was relatively boring there’s something to be said for having a splash of colour on a bike…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.